- Name: Edwin Velasquez Jr
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 185
- Position: WR
- College: Baldwin Wallace
- Twitter: @EVJszn_
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am originally from Jupiter, Florida, and although I’m not the biggest fan of the beach, I still love living in a south
florida beach town. The weather is always amazing
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1. Strength & conditioning. I am a firm believer that whatever work you put into it, is what you will get out of it. Hard
work will truly always trump talent, and that has been my mindset for years. I wasn’t the kid that was born a freak
athlete, so every ability or talent that I do have, it is a result of putting in endless hours and days of the grind. I believe
your success in season is not accomplished on the field, but it’s won in the offseason through preparation.
2. Film study. This to me is a close second to the strength & conditioning, because mental preparation is just as
important as physical. I study film year round, watching the all-22 view of NFL games to learn coverages, watching
other receivers and learning new techniques, and of course watching film during the season on my upcoming
3. Practice. I put practice third because I think without the first two, a week of practice would not go well. I live by a
quote, and that is “there is no secret to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” In
order to put it all together in practice, you need to be ready for it.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I try my best not to, but my biggest worry definitely has to be my future. I’m always worried that It’s not going to turn
out the way I envisioned it.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• In high school my freshman year I was trying to bench press a really low weight and couldn’t do it and other players
laughed at me. I took it as motivation and sought out to train every day for years and now I can lift more than 4 times
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say my best quality on the field is my speed & athleticism, and mentally would be my
consistent focus & drive
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• My sophomore year it was my first year starting, and I was going up against a DB from Fairmont University. I’m
unsure of his name, but I’d say he gave me the best matchup being that I was young at the time
What would your career be if you couldn't play football?
• If I couldn’t play football, I would become a coach and open up a gym specifically for athletes with a focus on speed
& power for combine training. I am also interested in being an Exercise Physiologist.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Probably my room because I spend the most time in there and it would bother me if it was a mess.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and
• I would most likely save my family member because of what they mean to me
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Patrick Jane from The Mentalist, because it looked like he lived a very interesting life, and it must be nice being as
intelligent as the show makes him out to be.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• In Summer of 2011 I was diagnosed with a bone cyst in my lower left back. Luckily it was benign, and it took 3
surgeries in about a month and a half span to remove it. This was right around the time I became interested in
football, so it was tough but I dealt with it without a complaint and only use it as motivation that I can overcome
anything and never to hold myself back.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Growing up I’ve always dealt with a stutter when I talk, but it was worse when I was younger. Most embarrassing
moment would definitely be anytime I had to publicly speak especially in school, when there were times I couldn’t
even get a word out
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Definitely my first college touchdown. It was in my first college start as well, and it was a pretty difficult catch
highpointing the ball and diving backwards.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Future – Last Breath
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Relentless effort & persistence to be the best player that I can be, both mentally & physically. No one will outwork
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Probably my best friend’s dad, so he could spend one more day with him & make him happy
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• EVJ’s Experience
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• I wouldn’t necessarily say most underrated, but I think Michael Thomas is the best receiver in the league & deserves
the level of respect that some of the other big name wide receivers have.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, I don’t care if people like me or not, but I think everyone deserves to be treated with respect
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Probably Shawn Oakman, because his career was ruined by false accusations of a crime he did not commit. Luckily
he’s getting another shot right now in the XFL
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win. Although hating to lose is up there as well, I try not to dwell on the failures, because in every loss there
is a lesson to be learned
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•Definitely without a doubt my mom & dad. Especially in a time period where a lot of people’s parents are divorced or
they come from troubled homes, I have always been blessed with the support of 2 amazing parents and I could not
thank them enough. As bad as I want to succeed for myself, I need to do it for them too.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Aaron Jones injury update; How bad is his calf injury? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/aaron-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- What it was Justin Zimmer’s Birthday? I smell a sack this week! @REALRICO_BF #HotTake twitter.com/larryzimm4/sta…
about 1 hour ago
- Are Bills making a TRADE? | Still TRUSTING the PROCESS? | NFL Draft Diamonds ... youtu.be/-3aE7MYLUnE via @YouTube
about 1 hour ago
- Being on #TheRicoReport got me hype! @REALRICO_BF @Pierre_Kingpin @BfloFanatics the fans are great! Glad I could br… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago