- Name: Sha’haun Williams
- Height: 6’3”
- Weight: 260
- Position: Defensive Line
- College: Notre Dame College (OH)
- Twitter: @S_Willz50
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Youngstown, Ohio is a small football town. The amount of talent we’ve had come out of that city is unreal. Everyone knows each other back home because of the size. I love how my city is known for just being tough and full of hard workers.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1. conditioning and practice 2. Film Study 3. Strength. You have to be in shape and practice your craft to perfect it before anything. Then I feel it’s beyond important to know your opponent tendencies, coach yourself up on technique, and watch other guys at your position to maybe add to your game. Then lastly is strength which is still very important but out of the 3 I had to rank it last because being in shape and practicing your technique and film study can overcome someone with better strength then you.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Being able to provide for my family because that’s my ultimate goal one day.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• At times I feel like my first 3 years in college I failed myself because of the lack of me actually playing in game situations, but I continued to work on my craft and when it was time for me to have a major starting role my Jr year I had an All American 20 Sack season.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Being able to stay level headed and never getting too high or too low about a situation. I always have a “Next Play” mentality.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• 2018 Regional playoffs Wes Hills RB for Slippery Rock Who is now on the Detroit Lions. Competing against him was one of the most funnest games in my career. We went at it all game and afterwards had to shake each others hand and show respect.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I think I would have a career in music. I love music.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I’m a very clean person but Room easily because that’s a representation of what type of person I am. If I wake up everyday to a messy room that I can’t contain, then how can I manage the many other things in life on a daily.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• 1 family member. I would save a family member because at the end of the day I know them and have a connection to that person.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I’d be Jay Z. He’s one of my favorite artists that I see on TV and also he’s a billionaire.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• I’ve been through so much adversity in my life with being overlooked, to dealing with family issues, injuries, but I have the same way to overcome all of those obstacles. That’s just working my hardest to prove everyone wrong and get up every time I’m knocked down.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Getting ran over in little league at practice, never happened again.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• 2018 Semifinals Game against Valdosta State. Ball was snapped to the QB & he dropped back to pass then I was right in his face getting ready to sack him but he dropped/fumbled the Ball and hopped right on it and I hopped on top of him recording my 21st sack to break the record for most in a season. Reason why it’s the most memorable moment because it was a huge milestone that even the announcers on ESPN gave me credit for but the statistician didn’t count it as a sack. I was hurt.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• “Grinding All My Life”- Nipsey Hussle
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My motor , I give my all every play and don’t stop until the end of the game. Opposing o lineman hate someone their gong up against all game who rushes the passer like its the first play.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• if I could bring back one person it’ll be my cousin who was murdered by her boyfriend back in 2011. I would bring her back just to have one more day to hang with her and ask what happened the day she was killed.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Darrin Hall , currently on the practice squad for the Pittsburgh Steelers but I feel like if he’s given a fair chance then he’ll ball out. D
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I’d rather be respected because I don’t care if someone likes me but if they respect you then they recognize the hard work you put in on a daily.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Maurice Clarett . I feel the most for his career because he was at the top and I feel would’ve been one of the greatest running backs the nfl has seen.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win. Sometimes a lose is a lesson to learn from.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
* My dad because he’s not gonna always tell me what I want to hear but what I need to hear. He’s one of the few people who’s always there when I get knocked down to help me fight get back up.