- Name: Deauntre Roberts
- Height: 5090
- Weight: 175
- Position: DB/Return Specialist
- College: Bethany College
- Twitter: @King_Rob3rts
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Wewoka, Oklahoma it’s a small town and one thing I love about is that everyone is like family when one person does good the whole town shows their appreciation.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study, practice, and strength and conditioning
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about not being successful. This is my major concern because I have a lot of people looking up to me and depending on me. I want success as bad as I want air.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My freshmen year of high school I failed to score a single touchdown and I also broke my ankle that year the next year I came back scoring 25 touchdowns and I become bigger stronger and faster. This was a failure to me because my team depended on me, I overcame this failure by putting my head down and grinding 10x harder than I ever have.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates say my best quality is my personality. I always have a smile on my face but at the same time I’m a natural born leader. I don’t say too much but I lead by example.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I’ve played against in college has to be hands down Demarco Pruitt he’s the starting RB from Kansas Wesleyan.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I wasn’t a football player I’d be a counselor or a quality control manager.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, car, then desk
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• This is a tough question but I believe I’d save the three strangers. Yes I could save one of my family members but the more I can save the better I’d feel.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would most definitely want to be captain america. He the strongest and toughest.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• The biggest adversity in my life was this spring April 1st 2019. I broke my fibula and dislocated my ankle during spring practice. I overcame this by being dedicated having a great corner behind me they pushed me even when I felt like giving up. In a month I was back to walking/jogging and before the end of May I was back to full strength.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment has to be stuttering during my first college presentation.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My first ever touchdown it was on a scoop and score.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Grinding all my life by nipsey hussle. This song describes my work ethic because all my life I’ve worked harder than anyone else to get to where I am, but it also describes my work ethic because I won’t stop till I get to where I want to go in life.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I think my most important trait would have to be my sense of knowledge of the game whether it’s route running or play recognition.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• If I could bring one person back from the dead for one day it would have to be my Grandma Roshanta Thomas. The reason is she always knew what to say and her prayers spoke volume.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The name of the club I would open would be city lights
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• The most underrated player in the NFL has to be Davante Adams. He’s so talented but doesn’t get the recognition like some of the other great receivers.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would much rather be respected than liked. Respect can go a long way, if someone likes you but don’t respect you they’ll still do you dirty, if they respect you then they won’t thing about doing you dirty. Someone can not like you but respect you and you would never know that they don’t like you.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Antonio Brown. I feel as without his off the field issues he’s a great person and a really great football player.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose period. Yes there is joy in winning but that feeling you get after losing makes me sick it makes me not want to look in the mirror for a few days. After a loss I want to get back in the film room and get back to work.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• The biggest influence on my life would have to be either my little brothers and sister, or my mom. My brothers and sister always call me with their accolades or their stats at a game and then the very next thing they say is what have you done good lately so it makes me want to do my best so I can have something to compare back. I also chose my mom because she’s an extremely hard working person she makes sure that our family has what we need even if it means breaking her back to get it and that’s where I get my work ethic from.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:ESPN reporter Mark Jones says he does not want a police escort because he does not want to get shot in… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- Last Chance:Both the Pac-12 and the Mountain West are back playing football in the fall! nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/pac-12…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- Last Chance:All Eyez On Me: Five 2021 NFL Draft Prospects whose stock is rising because of coronavirus… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago
- Last Chance:Can Jackson State pry his Deion’s son Shedeur away from Florida Atlantic? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/shedeu… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago
- Last Chance:That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Ryan Roberts, Director of Scouting NFL Draft Bible nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/ryan-r…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago