- Name: David Barnett
- Height: 6’3
- Weight: 220
- Position: WR
- College: Capital University
- Twitter: dbarnett35
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown was Springfield, Oho. I think what I loved most about it was that it was a bigger city but also small at the same time. Everyone was familiar with everyone however, there was still that sense of space between people if that makes sense
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and conditioning, film, practice
What do you worry about, and why?
• Death of loved ones specifically my parents. Because I have gotten a lot closer to my parents over these past 4 years of school and I am dreading the day when it comes.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Very first game of my sophomore season at Capital, I played the worst game I have ever played in my life. I was targeted 8 times dropped 6 balls and two of the 6 I dropped and the DB intercepted it. I would devastated and embarrassed. However, I had time to reflect on it and it motivated me even more, everyday after practice I would be catching footballs and tennis balls and just outworking my mistakes so they don’t happen again.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• my work ethic. I am confident to say that I am one of the hardest workers on the team and they see that.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• There has been a few, I would say from Mount Union, Austin White – Safety and Justin Hill – Wide Reciever. I would then say Chaiten Tomlin – QB Mount St Joe, Tanner Clark – Running back Marietta and then Baldwin Wallace Corner, I cant recall his name but he wore #1, long frame and quick.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would become a teacher, teaching high school biology and coaching football
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Car, Room, Desk
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• one family member, family is all I got and I would do anything to keep them healthy.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Thor but the fat Thor from End Game, I say this because he was funny and was having a great time but he was still an important part to the whole thing.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My senior year of high school 7 out of 11 seniors and my closest friends went down with devastating injuries and were a major part of our teams success. I had to be lead a whole team by myself and have a whole team look at me for answers to everything. It was so hard but all I could do was just fight everyday in practice and every game like it was my last. Thankfully the others on the team saw how hard I was practicing and playing and did their best to match it.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Season opener at home my sophomore year when I played the worst game of my career
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Beating our rival my freshman year. We haven’t beat them in the past 8 years prior to that and we beat them at their place and I had a big contributing role in that win.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• All The Above – Maino
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• obviously having a big frame helps but I think it my understand of the game that helps me the most
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Neil Armstrong I say this because I would want to hear about all of the space stories he has.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• pLace – little p Big L
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Right now I would say Austin Ekeler
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. You can hate me and hate the way I play, but I am going to be successful and you have to respect that.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I would say Adrian Peterson when he tore his ACL. I say this because when he tore it everyone thought he wouldn’t come back the “same AP” and when I broke my collar bone my junior year I hear talks saying that I wasn’t going to be as good as I was. When AP came back he had a record breaking year and this year my senior year I was fortunate enough to have a record breaking year.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
I would say my parents. I say this because I see them fight for su everyday of their lives and always try their best at giving my sibilings and I what we needed and wanted and I want to have the same fight that they do every single day.