- Name: Corey Dickerson Jr also known as CJ
- Height: 5’11
- Position: Defensive Line (Exterior and Interior)
- College: Lindsey Wilson College
- Twitter: @CJTIGER45
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m originally from Memphis TN, but I moved to Murray, KY. Memphis TN speaks for its self always produced great athletes. Murray is a very small town but also named the friendliest town in America. The best thing about Murray is the support from the town everyone is involved!
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study is one the most important things about football, knowing of your opponent is an advantage. I watch the OLs stances and footwork, also I calculate the QBs average drop back yards, that way I know how far up field I can rush before having to flip my hips and turn he corner or if I’m to deep.
What do you worry about, and why?
• My eyes and tendency to peak in the back filed. And keeping the QB contained. I’ve had experiences where I have been peaking in the backfield and lose my gap and also experiences of QBs leaking out the back to extend a play that’s something you never want to give a QB, a chance to make a play out of nothing.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I’m not sure how to answer this, I don’t have any big failure really, I’m not perfect or anything but I’m very competitive and if I can’t get it right I’ll do it a million times until I do. If that tells you something.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• They would say that I am a Leader. Multiple times guys tell me the defense feeds off my energy and my success. When it comes down to it everyone is looking for their leader to make a play.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Logan Brettell – 2016 NAIA National Player of the Year – Baker University-Quarterback
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I’d be regular student but I’d be helping someone coach football.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room because when my rooms clean I feel as if I have free time. I don’t know how to explain but that’s it.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• family member, because family to me is not just blood relative, to me if we’re family it means we been through something together and I’d risk my life for anyone in my family the same way I risk my life out their on the field with my brothers!
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• John Wick, That man can not be touched! He’s unstoppable!
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• People doubting my ability to compete at a high level in college football. Seems cheesy but that lit a fire under me that not a lot know about but I’d say I have worked my butt off and proved I could go anywhere and compete.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Getting a 0.5 sack with senior Captain Steve Wallace on @ Baker University 2016 on Logan Brettell. It was the start of my career! Also not a play but I’ll always remember my first college game I had 8 tackles as a freshman off the bench!
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Remember the Name – Fort Minor
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Quickness and Power. Also the ability to understand the game at a higher level.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Sean Taylor, he’s legend that left us too soon, I’d love to see him finish what he started.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Wild Ride
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Dak Prescott (sorry I’m a cowboys fan)
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because who cares if someone likes me, if they disrespect me at the end of the day i meant nothing to them. When I’m a coach I want to be able to silence a room when asked once not when I have to yell 30 times because the player don’t care.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I can’t really chose because I can’t really remember but I can say it gets to a point where we all have to ask ourselves is this right or wrong for my future. As Coach Chris Oliver says we all know the “do right rule” so just do right.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• love to win, I can’t hate losing because it’s only a point of learning from it and not letting it tear you down.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My mother, she’s been through hell and high water just to see my brother and I smile. Talk about determination, she put us through school and then somehow found her way through graduating college at Murray State University. Also Aaron Donald is a big influence how I play the game, I’m a big big super fan of him. I try my best to demonstrate his play.