- Name: Cameron Carter (Cam)
- Height: 6’6
- Weight: 310
- Position: OLT
- College: Murray State University
- Twitter: cjcarter98
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it
• Birmingham AL is the largest city in Alabama and what I love most about it is how the community come together for certain sporting events. The Magic City Classic is one and it is where AAMU (Alabama A&M) and ASU (Alabama State University) play.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and Conditioning is first because, I feel like you must be in shape in order to fulfill your obligation/ job on the field.
• Film Study next, because I believe when I study my movements as well as my opponents play style/ movements, I would be well prepared for anything my opponent will throw at me and be able to figure out ways to win my 1 on 1 every run and pass.
• Practice third because, when I am well prepared and on top of the game plan and work on it through the week, the work on game day would come easier and clear the sense of confusion when playing.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about it simply because these are three huge factors that I must stay on top of when playing the sport of football, because it’s the three things that could help or hurt you in a game.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• There was a time in my college career playing OL where I failed to communicate and be vocal where I would only worry about doing my job and let everybody else do their own thing. It lead to the team failing. As I continued to play I realized that the OL is one. You cant be an individual when playing OL because the team go as the OL go. I overcame it by simply becoming a team player, a vocal leader, and just giving my all for the team.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say that my communication on and off the field, or my vocal leadership is/are my best qualities.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• In college the best player I’ve had to play against and go 1 on 1 with would probably be Josh Allen from University of Kentucky who is currently playing for the Jacksonville Jaguars.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football, my career I feel would still be productive in the field of sports whether its advertising, teaching or anything else sports related. I feel that sports will always play a role somewhere in my life.
Room, desk and car – which do you, clean first?
• I would clean my desk first because, it’s my place where I would be handling business on a daily basis.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would choose family because, in my days of playing college ball I have made it where family comes first. They are there for you through the good and the bad, support me from a far, and give constructive criticism that is needed.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Samuel L Jackson from Coach Carter is a movie character I would be because, he was a coach that required nothing less than the best from his players, he displayed great leadership, and was vocal in making rules and expectations clear.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• In life my biggest adversity was learning how to accept the size of my body. When I was younger I didn’t exactly know how to do it without having low self-esteem. Now that I’m older and wiser I’ve learned to use it all to my advantage.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• One embarrassing moment that I encountered, was in high school at basketball practice where I went up for a dunk attempt and missed terribly, and was laughed at for just about the entire practice.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play in my collegiate career was in the season of 2018 where my teammate Malik Honeycutt returned a kick off return to beat SEMO, (Southeastern Missouri) where we had a 1% chance of winning that game going into halftime down 31- 0. That game winning kick-off return for a touchdown to win that game (40-38) was my most memorable play.
What song best describes your work ethic?
•Out Here Grindin’ by DJ Khaled
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Will-power is my most important trait because I have to want to get to that level, I have to be willing to work hard and outwork my opponent, and work to be the best there is at my position.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Dad’s Dad- because I’ve heard all the ways he provided for his family and found a way to get things done accordingly no matter what it was. He was very hands on and didn’t need/ want another man to do a job he could figure out how to do himself. He always found a way to never make it to where things couldn’t be done or fixed. So it would be nice to bring him back for a day just to see him and hear about his life.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Laremy Tunsil I feel is an underrated tackle in the NFL.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because when people respect you that means you have influenced them in some kind of way, whether its leadership, work ethic, communication, etc.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• The arrest of Ray Rice I feel for because he was a dynamic running back that had a lot going for himself in his career and the accolades speak for itself. It’s an action that players could learn from and see what you shouldn’t do, because there is always another way to resolve an issue.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win because, “the winnings is in the work”,which means when you come out on top, you’ve worked hard to be successful. So when you win it shouldn’t come as a surprise because you have put in the work for the win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mom has been the biggest influence in my life because, she has been there through my success and my failures, gave input that she felt was needed to help me, never doubted me and always encourage me to do my best and give my all in everything I do.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Breaking: Browns worked out WR Manasseh Bailey nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/manass… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/XqJsUEr9sL
about 36 mins ago
- Breaking: Saints are signing CB Ken Crawley to their practice squad nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/ken-cr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/9J7cTvbZpO
about 49 mins ago
- Week 3 Preview: Kansas City Chiefs vs. Baltimore Ravens ift.tt/2HHj45T
about 49 mins ago
- Week 3 Recap: Los Angeles Rams vs. Buffalo Bills ift.tt/3jooC3b
about 49 mins ago
- Fantasy Duds: Week 3 NFL players that did not show up to play nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/fantas… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/6nZ3ekdpQQ
about 1 hour ago