- Name: Bright Obinna Ihegworo
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 290
- Position: Defensive Tackle
- College: Angelo State University/Abilene Christian University
- Twitter: @brightihegworo
- Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
I’m from Sugar Land, Texas, and the thing I love the most about it is the overall diversity. We have the best foods and its definitely a melting pot. It’s an amazing city and super underrated. I love how the heart of Houston is 20 minutes away from where I’m from.
- List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
Film study, it is crucial to prepare yourself for your opponent and also learn his tendencies. Practice because it is essential to apply what you know by getting physical and mental reps. Strength and Conditioning because your body has to be strong enough to make the play when you have to.
- What do you worry about, and why?
I worry about finding another passion after football, I’ve invested so much time into football and that has been a huge priority besides my education these past couple of years, but we all know that football doesn’t last forever.
- Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
When I failed at going division one out of high school, I kept working because I knew God had a purpose for me, and my story is different from others.
- What do your teammates say is your best quality?
I am physical at the point of attack and relentless towards the ball.
- Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
I don’t know about one particular player, but the Mississippi State offensive line is really good.
- What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
I’m getting my master’s in organizational development, so my career would be somewhere in the management field for a corporation or business I might even start my own someday. I’ve been looking into going the Human resources route for now but I am very open to any opportunity that comes my way.
- Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
I clean my room first because it is important to keep your room organized and clean it brings a different type of energy to the table. Cleanliness is next to Godliness!
- If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
One family member because I love my family, and I would do anything for them.
- If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
Batman, because when I’m on that field, I feel like I am ready for anything.
- Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
Going to division two after high school, not too many people believe that I could play football, they said I didn’t have the prototypical built of a defensive tackle. Although that discouraged me at first, I did not give up I overcame that obstacle by believing in myself and focused on things that would improve my game.
- What is your most embarrassing moment?
In elementary school, I threw up in front of everyone in my class.
- What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
In my junior year at Angelo State, I had a game-winning strip-sack against Texas A&M Kingsville.
- What song best describes your work ethic?
Meek Mill-Made It From Nothing.
- What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
Preparation, you have to be prepared for anything that can happen.
- If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
Nelson Mandela, he was wrongfully imprisoned for twenty-seven years and did not lose sight of his goal when he was finally released.
- If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Vibez because I’m all about energy and I love to vibe.
- Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
I believe Geno Atkins is the most underrated player, even though he is getting older he is still able to produce.
- Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
I would rather be respected, when you are respected, that means you have done something for others to admire and commend you for.
- What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
Shawn Oakman , because his career was brought to a standstill due to false accusations of a crime.
- Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
I love to win, if you are thinking about losing, it takes away the energy you could have put towards winning.
- Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
My father has the biggest influence in my life, coming from Nigeria to the United States with nothing in his pocket, he was able to become successful through hard work and dedication.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Two Alabama High School football teammates killed in a car crash nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/alabam… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/MfrTtAJqx2
about 2 hours ago
- 2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Richard Bowens III, CB, Central Michigan University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/richar… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- NFL Transactions for June 14, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- 2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Nate Edwards, LB, McMaster University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/nate-e… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/N4Ysh2eToR
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:NFL Tips: Week One Kicks-Off With Awesome Dallas @ Tampa Bay Clash nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/week-o… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/aZ6BHKhFdr
about 3 hours ago
On the very first podcast of Christopher Dicerbo’s Slightly Personal Podcast, Chris is joined...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Caleb Carter. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Isaiah Likely. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Isaiah Chambers. Together we...