- Name: Abbi Bamgbose
- Height: 5080
- Weight: 190
- Position: WR
- College: University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
- Twitter: @abbi6god
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Fitchburg MA/Worcester MA, I love fitchburg because it gave me the drive to be the player that I am today. Without that city and the adversity that I had to face I wouldn’t be having this interview. But I love Worcester because when I had nothing they gave me something and that will always be my home.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• I think personally they are all super important but if i had to do an order Im going to have to say Strength and Conditioning would have to be first because that’s where you separate the boys from the men and when the game time comes you’re always able to expose those who have been in the wight room and those who have not. Second I would have to say is practice because you have to get that reps going and you won’t be able to win the rep in a game if you don’t win the rep in practice. Last I would say is Film study because you need to know what’s going on mentally at all times whether that is practice or a game.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about not being successful in what I want to do, I worry about that because its not easy trying to follow the dreams of playing professional and actually succeeding so I always worry if im good enough or not.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I used to fail at self confidence on the field Ive been surrounded by a lot of great players in my life and when people would say someone was good or a team was good I used to lose all the confidence I once had, until I finally realized that they’re players just like me and they workout like I do as well someone may be a bigger faster stronger but they won’t out match my heart and want
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• They would probably have a bunch of things to say but I would have to say leader would be one of them.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• My junior year this guy you guys are familiar with his name is Dwayne Hunter Parker. He def was holding onto me most of the game trust me hahaha but out of everyone my whole career that game he was doing his thing and I got nothing but respect for him
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Fashion Designer or Actor
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room and Desk I feel like are the same thing so I would say those first
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• All of them tbh but if only one Im a HUGE mommas boy so my Mom
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would have to say Lance Sullivan (Best Man Holiday) he stands for everything that I want to be when it comes to being a man especially for my family. He was a star football player a father a great friend and a husband. And the 3 things he stood for are the same things I stand for God, Family, Football in that order.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Ive been faced with adversity so many times in my life but I think the biggest one would have to be not being able to play my senior year of high school and missing 3 years of football because of it. I overcame that by working hard every single day. When people would tell me I should stop I laughed when people said it wasn’t worth It I pushed harder until the opportunity came and when it did…well the rest was history.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• When I was a freshman in college I did a backflip at a party and landed right on my face in front of everyone and had to get 10 stitches in my mouth.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• This is tough but I would have to say scoring the game winning touchdown and 2 point conversion against Framingham State my sophomore year and handing them the first lost since they joined the league in 2013 and our first time beating them in 20 years!
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Kanye West- Cant Tell Me Nothing
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Some people like football or love it or say its a passion but its more than that to me I legit eat sleep breathe this game so when it comes to helping me succeed im willing to take the extra rep the extra yard take that leap but my body on the line anything I need to do ill do it.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• This is to tough for me I would have to say my grandfather on my mothers side because I seen how much that hurt her and I would do anything the make my mother smile or happy
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• I would have to say Teddy Bridgewater, after that big injury and was bounced around nobody really gave him the shit he deserved but with drew Brees going down for the 5 weeks he was out showed us all that he can still 100% be a starter on an NFL team and perform high.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be a liked a tiny bit but im HUGE on respect I reel like there are people who are liked but not respected when it comes to respect that means you’ve done something t gain that respect
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I would have to go with Johnny Manziel although his decision were of course his own mistakes to see him trying his best and wanting to work back to being as great as we was but not getting the full chance is tough to see.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose more than anything, that feeling of losing and having it just sit in your head is the worst, but in every loss is a lesson learned to help make you a better person.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My biggest influence is my parents, the things that they have had to go through in life and to see them still going is what pushes me. My parents work so much and never have time for themselves and nothing I hate more than seeing that and not being able to do anything, they have sacrificed so much for my family and have been such a help to everyone. They are the reason I push myself so hard to be as successful as I can be.