Week 7 Waiver Wire Advice
I’m on bye. You’re on bye. They’re on bye. We are all on bye. Week 7 continues the ever so dangerous bye week bug, but if you were lucky enough to get a majority of your byes out of the way early congratulations! However, if you were not as fortunate we have you covered.
Make sure these guys aren’t hanging around on your waiver wire; as they may have been prematurely dropped due to bye/injury reasons
- Hunter Henry-TE-LA Chargers
- Devins Singletary-RB-Buffalo Bills
- Jamison Crowder-WR-NY Jets
- Robby Anderson-WR-NY Jets
- Phillip Dorsett-WR- New England Patriots
- Duke Williams-WR-Buffalo Bills: Zay Jones was immediately traded as Duke Williams, former 5-star Auburn recruit and formerly known as D’haquille, made his NFL debut Week 5 and he did not disappoint. Williams caught all 4 of his targets for 29 yards and what would turn out to be the game-winning TD. Josh Allen was talking about Williams in August during training camp talking about how his energy is contagious and he is always working to get better. Williams destroyed CFL competition last season and 6ft3 and 225 pounds he provides the Bills with a WR option they do not have; as John Brown (5ft10), Cole Beasley (5f8) and Isaiah McKenzie (5ft8) have been affectionately referred to as the “The Smurfs” by the Buffalo faithful. Allen has an unbelievably strong arm and while Brown is a deep threat he is not the kind of WR Williams is downfield. Also, Buffalo’s next 5 games are: vs Miami, vs Philadelphia, vs Washington, @ Cleveland and @ Miami.
- Josh Allen-QB-Buffalo Bills: If he was dropped because of the bye add him ASAP. Yes, Allen is turnover prone, but he has also shown the ability to torch cupcake fantasy matchups. In case you forget from the previous add recommendation, the next 5 Buffalo Bills games are: vs Miami, vs Philadelphia, vs Washington, @ Cleveland and @ Miami. Allen is also the fantasy football loophole as he is a QB that contributes in the ground game- he has a Rush TD and/or 30+ rushing yards in every game except one this season, so the chances for solid rushing days are coming. In two matchups against Miami last season Allen had 9 carries for 135 yards in Week 8 and in Week 12 had 9 carries for 95 yards and 2 TD.
- Allen Lazard-WR-Green Bay Packers: 6ft5 with 4.5 speed, every Green Bay WR is hurt it seems and when given the chance to catch balls from Aaron Rodgers he did not choke on the opportunity. Lazard has spent time on the Jacksonville and Green Bay practice squads as he surprisingly went undrafted out of Iowa State in 2018. Monitor the Green Bay injuries at WR because depending on the severity of the Davante Adams and Geronimo Allison Lazard could become a multi-week play. Even more, Allison has underperformed this year and Lazard could leapfrog him on the depth chart.
- Mark Walton-RB-Miami Dolphins: He was mentioned on the sleepers list last week in the NFL Draft Diamonds Week 6 Fantasy Rankings and he stepped into the starting RB role for Miami. I understand this is Miami but Walton was the most effective back overall; averaging the most yards per carry and leading the team in catches with 5 and second in receiving yards. Owning more than one Miami Dolphins player is nuts, but with Kenyan Drake trade rumors still swirling expect Walton to continue to get a chance to show what he can do. He could make for a nice bye week Flex play. He had 10 points in Yahoo! half-point PPR Leagues against Washington.