The NFL is through 7 weeks and we are coming up on the midway point of the season. With that being said several rookies have really stepped up on the offensive side of the ball and I wanted to list five offensive players I think are deserving of the award of Offensive Rookie of the Year. Let’s look at the players.
Gardner Minshew, QB, Jacksonville Jaguars – Right now, Minshew is my favorite to win the OROY. He would get my vote. The kid was not supposed to play this year and he is super impressive and has 3 wins. He has thrown 226 passes for 1,697 yards and 10 touchdowns. He has only thrown 2 interceptions all year and he has a 95.7 passing rating. I like the kid and right now Minshew Mania is my OROY.
Kyler Murray, QB, Arizona Cardinals – It is hard not to put this guy on the list. He has had some amazing games. I honestly doubted him, but he has thrown 259 passes and completed 167 of them. He has thrown for 1,768 yards completing 7 touchdowns and only thrown 4 interceptions. That is impressive considering the Cardinals record right now is 3-3 with a three game winning streak right now.
Josh Jacobs, RB, Oakland Raiders – Raiders drafted the rookie from Alabama knowing they would feed him the ball and that is exactly what they have done so far. He has 109 attempts and he has rumbled for 554 yards averaging 5.1 yards a carry. He also leads all rookies with 4 touchdowns on the year.
Terry McLaurin, WR, Washington Redskins – Who would have thought this kid would be in the discussions for rookie of the year. I honestly would not have thought this, but McLaurin is proving he is a WR1 in DC. He has 24 receptions for 419 yards and five touchdowns leading all rookies in receiving touchdowns.
Daniel Jones, QB, New York Giants – There are a few others I could have put here but I am going to go with Jones. He played several weeks without his best wide outs. He is finally throwing to some stars like Evan Engram and Golden Tate now. We will see what happens but for the year right now he has thrown for 1,144 yards and 6 touchdowns to his 7 interceptions. We will see if he can turn that around.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Predicting a trade: Bills send the Buccaneers a 5th round pick for TE Cameron Brate… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 17 mins ago
- ICYMI:Philadelphia Eagles: Three players who could survive the trade deadline, for now nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/philad… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 20 mins ago
- How does Olofsson only have a few thousand followers? twitter.com/buffalosabres/…
about 22 mins ago
- Rip off! And they stand behind that cuties series. I canceled my subscription. Period, bunch of creeps. twitter.com/cnbc/status/13…
about 27 mins ago
- ICYMI:Three First-Round Draft Picks The Eagles Could Land in 2021 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/eagles… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/NGNZnwLdYI
about 34 mins ago