- Name: Nhyre Quinerly
- Height: 6000
- Weight: 195
- Position: S
- College: Norfolk State University
- Twitter: None
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I live in Norfolk, Virginia. Our area is best known for our “Two up Two down,” 757 area code hand sign. The 757 is a hot bed for NFL talent; such names as Bruce Smith, Michael Vick, Percy Harvin, Plexico Burris, Mike Tomlin, Kam Chanclor, and the list goes on.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• First of all, I think Strength and conditioning is most important because if your body can’t take the punishment the football creates you will not be able to finish a complete season. Next, I think practice is important because football is like synchronize swimmers; everyone has to be doing the same thing at the same time depending on the play called, and perfect practice makes perfect. Lastly, I think film study is important so that you can get the slight edge on your opponent.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my dad every day. In 2013 my dad was diagnosed with stage five kidney disease. He had been on dialysis for the past six years, with no complaints. I tried to donate one of my kidneys to my dad but he said that he would wait for the transplant clinic to give him one so I could play college football.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• After high school, I received a scholarship to East Carolina University. After my redshirt freshmen year I was dismissed from the team. Three days later my mom and dad enrolled me at Norfolk State University, were I am today. I have already graduated with my BS playing football as a Grad.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates say that I am the smartest football player that they have ever played with. I like that because my daddy was a football coach my whole life and he taught me how to play the game with my brain. I’m always going to be in the right place at the right time. I’m a student of the game.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Jimmy Moreland that play defensive back for James Madison University in 2018 was the best college player that I witnessed while in college. He later was drafted by the Redskins in the 2019 NFL draft.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I wasn’t playing football today, I would be a crane operator for the Port of Norfolk.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my desk before I clean my car and room. I feel this way because my desk is seen by people that don’t know me personally. Their first impression of me is important.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• If there was a disaster and I could only save three strangers and one family member, I would save my little sister. I would choose to save her because she is the youngest out our immediate family so she has yet to live as long as anyone else in the family.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in my life is dealing with my dad be on dialysis. I have to stay strong for him because he has set so many goals for me.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment is when I scored a touchdown in the Virginia 2012 football state championship. As I was tackled crossing the goal line the defender pulled down my football pants and my rear end was exposed.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play of my high school career came when I tackled the running back on the goal line on the last play of the game, which stopped them from winning the game.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• The song, The Eye of the Tiger, made by Survivor, best describes my work ethic.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My most important trait that will help me on the next level be successful is Non-Physical. I’m always going to be in the right place at the right time and thinking like a coach.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• If I could bring one person back from the dead, it would be my grandma. She challenged me mentally every day. She was the rock of our family. Her wisdom was impeccable.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• If I would open up a dance club, I would name it JJ’s after my little sister.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Tyrann Mathieu is the most underrated player in the NFL.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected over liked because as a man I am going to live by my values that were learned during the course of my life. Because my values will able me to become a successful person no matter what anyone thinks.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I feel for Ray Rice and his wife because his career was derailed due to a misunderstanding between Ray Rice and his wife soon to be. He was never granted the opportunity to play football again but his fiancé ; now his wife forgave him. Although, I don’t agree with domestic violence.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose more than I love to win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My dad has been the biggest influence in my life. My dad put everything into my sister and I. Even though he was a coach, he made sure that he spent more time with us than his team. He never put us second, even when he was diagnosed with kidney disease. He was at all of our games and activities. He supported us when we made bad decisions and always came up with a solution to any problem. He always made sure that we had a home and everything else that we needed. He pushed us to always be the best. My dad is my hero.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Transactions for March 1st, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/roster… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 20 mins ago
- Patrick Mahomes undergoes surgery | Fantasy Doctors break down the procdure nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/patric… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: Cooper Kupp Injury Review | Report on the Rams wide receiver nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/fantas… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 51 mins ago
- JJ Watt is headed to the Cardinals
about 1 hour ago
- Damn twitter.com/jjwatt/status/…
about 1 hour ago