2019 Week 6 Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Adds
by Craig Forrestal: @that_sports_guy
The NFL makes no sense this year; injuries are popping up on almost every play it seems and big-name stars are not hitting that astronomical stat line that fantasy players hope for leaving more questions than answers. Week 6 has the Indianapolis Colts, Oakland Raiders, Buffalo Bills and Chicago Bears on bye leaving some crucial holes to be filled. So let us take a look at some players that should be on your fantasy radar.
- Chris Herndon-TE-NY Jets: Herndon will return from his suspension in Week 6 drawing a matchup with the Dallas Cowboys. While the status of Sam Darnold is crucial to Herndon and his fantasy value you may recall that Darnold looked for Herndon as he finished with 39 catches for 502 yards and 4 touchdowns. The Jets will be down often and be forced to throw and without a clearcut number one option in the passing game Herndon could be a waiver wire gem when it is all said and done.
- Ito Smith-RB-Atlanta Falcons: Devonta Freeman has been underwhelming this season and Smith has made the most of his opportunities making himself just about worthy of Flex spot consideration on a weekly basis. Atlanta has Arizona, LA Rams, and Seattle the next three weeks and with a season that is looking for a shot in the arm, this is the guy to grab. Plus, Devonta Freeman struggles with injuries so if Freeman misses any time you have a high upside play.
- Auden Tate-WR-Cincinnati Bengals: Tate has seen an increase in action recently with injuries rattling the Bengals WR depth and AJ Green has no immediate return in scheduled. Tate is a strong option in the passing game seeing 22 targets over the last three weeks. The Bengals are a pass-happy team and Tate gives the Bengals good size at 6ft5 opposite Tyler Boyd. Feel confident playing Tate as his schedule isn’t overly intimidating.
- Gerald Everett-TE-LA Rams: Everett has set career highs in back-to-back weeks in targets. Everett was targeted 8 times in Week 4 and 11 times in Week 5, so this shows that Jared Goff is gaining confidence in the TE even with an uber-talented offense. The TE position in fantasy is volatile, so grab the good ones when they appear on the fantasy radar. Everett’s next three games are against San Francisco, Atlanta and Cincinnati; offering some very nice fantasy appeal.
- Gardner Minshew-QB-Jacksonville Jaguars: This might be the most unforeseen story in all of football. Nick Foles was brought in to bring the Jags back to championship aspirations, but that was short-lived when Foles went down with a collarbone injury. Enter Minshew. The guy is a character and his teammates love him. The media loves him. It seems everyone loves Gardner Minshew, but aside from the antics and fun-loving personality is a good quarterback. He has some juicy matchups on the horizon including New Orleans, Cincinnati and the NY Jets, so grab because he may not be around on the waiver wire much longer.
- Willie Snead-WR-Baltimore Ravens: This is not because of an eye-popping performance, rather for what it could be. Both Hollywood Brown and Mark Andrews exited the Week5 game with Pittsburgh early, so he would be a speculative add based on the injury status of those of the other two players. However, there is a trend to follow the Ravens do play Cincinnati in Week 6 and that is a good matchup to take over an increased workload for if either or both Brown and Andrews miss time. Snead was involved in Week 5 posting 4 grabs for 51 yards on 5 targets.
- Chase Edmonds-RB-Arizona Cardinals: His touches have increased in each of the last three games reaching 11 touches in Week 5. David Johnson seemed to be a little dinged up at times Sunday and Edmonds posted a 37-yard touchdown. Keep an eye on the situation because Edmonds could be a sneaky play in the fantasy world should his usage continue to grow in the coming weeks