Dream Bowl and HBCU Spirit of America Bowl: Week 6 Studs and Standouts
Stevie Green, HB, Fayetteville State: Green was a big weapon in the Broncos’ running attack in their 66-20 win over Chowan this past Saturday. Green ran the ball 14 times for 187 yards, and scored 3 touchdowns, while recording 1 reception for 21 yards. Green has the frame at 6010 to add more weight if needed to become a typical pro-sized running back.
Ryan Stanley, QB, Florida A&M: Another week, another great performance by the Rattlers’ QB in their close win over North Carolina Central. Stanley was 22 for 32 for 304 yards and threw 4 touchdowns. People may be tired of me mentioning Ryan Stanley for the past couple weeks, but unless teams find a way to stop him, those people will be out of luck then because I’ll keep mentioning him if he keeps performing like this, and NFL scouts definitely won’t stop watching him.
Mason Opple, QB, Hope: The two-sport athlete has himself a day in Hope’s 51-0 win over Trine, who was ranked #24 in the nation. In only three quarters of play, Opple was 18 for 29 for 219 yards and threw 3 touchdowns while also running the ball 13 times for 102 yards and scoring 1 touchdown on the ground. Opple has a good frame that pro scouts look for in a QB at 6030 and 236 pounds. More performances like this will have him on their radars for the rest of the season.
Derrick Yates, WR, Emory & Henry: The 6060 receiver from Abingdon, VA had a record-breaking day in Emory & Henry’s 56-17 win over Hampden-Sydney. Yates recorded a school-record 265 yards on 13 receptions for 3 touchdowns. He will need to add more weight to go along with his tall frame, and he seems to have nothing but potential after a game like this.
Torii Hilbert, CB, La Verne: The Long Beach, CA native recorded 10 tackles, and had 1 interception in La Verne’s 20-17 win in overtime against Claremont-Mudd-Scripps. Hilbert has adequate height at 6000 for a CB, but like I said above for other players, he’ll need to add more weight to get to the typical size that pro scouts like in a defensive back. More double digit tackle games & interceptions from him, and he could be getting a Dream Bowl invite soon.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Karson Schoening, OC, North Dakota State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/karson…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 12 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Isaiah Chambers, EDGE, McNeese State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/isaiah… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/9tPqYtv25v
about 34 mins ago
- Why More Pay Cuts Will End Hopes of MLB in 2020 ift.tt/2zzgOde
about 46 mins ago
- David Price to pay Dodgers’ Minor Leaguers ift.tt/2TOB2pV
about 46 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Kyle Fourtenbary, TE, University of Northern Iowa nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/kyle-f… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 48 mins ago