- Name: David Beeks
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 175 lbs
- Position: WR
- College: Edward Waters College
- Twitter: @Teambeeks
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• DUUUUUUUUUVVVVVAAAAAALLLLLL!!! Jacksonville is great city to live and it’s pretty fun! The thing that I love the most about my hometown is the Jaguars. I’ve been a jags fan since I was a kid and I go to the games as often as I can.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study is the most important to me because it allows me to see what I did wrong and how I can get better. Also, I watch film to look for tendencies in the defense and the defender who is guarding me. Football is 50% mental so I know if I can prepare mentally it should be easier in the game.
The next important thing is practice. Practicing allows me to showcase and rep my the things I’ve learned from watching film. While doing this, I’m perfecting my craft and learning on the field from my coaches.
Although football is physical demanding sport and strength and conditioning is important. However, I believe if you’re mentally ready for your opponent in every aspect you should be fine.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I don’t worry about anything. I put my all into anything I’m doing and I have faith it’ll work out.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• In the spring of 2018, I walked on at Florida International University football team. During my time there I struggled and I eventually was cut. After that, I began to hone in on the things I was inconsistent with like coverage recognition, route running, & etc. Them cutting me made me look at myself to see what I can do better and it made me a better football player.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• That I am a leader.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Jeffrey Johnson
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football I’d likely be coaching. I love the game and I would love to inspire others and teach them about the game and life.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my room first because that’s where I sleep.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• This may sound harsh but I would save my family member because this is someone dear to me.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- I would want to be Rick Grimes from the walking dead because he was a protector and a provider for his family during the zombie apocalypse. I’ve always been a fan of zombie apocalyptic movies.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life was being told I wasn’t good enough and being overlooked. In order to deal with it I just continue to grind to prove everyone who’s doubted me wrong.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• When I use to get in trouble in elementary school my mom was come and spank me in front of the class.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable play of my college career was a 58 yard TD. This was a one hand catch and it surprised me that I did it at first.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• “Grinding all my life” by Nipsey Hussle
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The most important is being coachable and being to take constructive criticism and apply it to your game to help you succeed on the next level.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring back my Grandma. Her untimely death was a shock to our family. I would want her to see the man I am today.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• “TAP” (The After Party)
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Tyler Lockett no question!
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Neither. To be liked or respected is the opinion and feelings from others. I treat people with respect regardless without expecting it in return. You will never be able to appeal to everyone’s liking.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Aaron Hernandez because I would have never thought he get involved in that type of stuff. He had everything he could want and need. He had just signed a 40 million dollar contract and was a game away from playing in the super bowl.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• In life, there are winners and losers. This is reality and regardless of the culture of trying to make everyone feel like they are a winner, it just isn’t so! Hating to lose is just as important as wanting to win. Losing hurts and pushes us to want to win. We must embrace losing to get stronger, better, and wiser for the next challenge we face. If you can isolate this concept of hating to lose and loving to win in your genetic makeup, you will find much more success in motivating yourself and others.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My mom has been the biggest influence on my life. She’s an amazing supporter of my dream and she makes it a priority that I stay focus on and off the field. I wouldn’t be where I am today with her.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for February 26, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago
- Did You See This:Transfer Portal: Syracuse Football | Garrett Shrader Film Break Down nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/garret… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Big Board 2.0: Top 480 prospects in the 2021 NFL Draft presented by Draft Diamonds… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:Oregon High School broken-hearted after star football prospect Ezekiel Crowder’s suicide… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Fantastic twitter.com/insidetheleagu…
about 3 hours ago