- Darius Williams
- Carson-Newman University
- Hometown: St. Petersburg, FL
- Twitter: @Darius7Williams
- GP: 11
- Total Tackles: 55
- TFL: 3.0
- PBUs: 4
- INTs: 1
As an athlete, what is your motivation?
My family motivates me every day. Ultimately, I work hard year-round so that I may provide for my family one day.
What defines success for you?
Success means achieving the goals that I set for myself.
What would your teammates say about the type of teammate you are?
My teammates would say that I lead by example. I believe that they would also say that I give everything I have every down. And I’m always energetic on the field having a good time.
What are some of your personal “rules” that you never break?
Never skip a rep or set when conditioning, lifting, or doing field work.
Who is the toughest player you’ve competed against during your collegiate career?
Lawrence Pittman, RB Wingate University.
Who is the best player in the NFL?
What is your team of choice on Madden, why?
My team of choice in madden usually varies. My favorite NFL team is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Failure is inevitable in life. How do you handle situations that don’t go in your favor?
Being a DB you must have a short memory. If something doesn’t go in my favor on one play you just forget about it and line up again for the next play. But you don’t completely forget, so you don’t have that same situation happen to you again.
Is there a current/former NFL player that you model your game after?
D.J. Swearinger and Sean Taylor.
Knowing what you do now, what would you go back and tell yourself as a High-School Freshman?
I would tell myself to put more focus into my academics and education.
What is your go-to restaurant near campus?
If your life was a book, what would its title be?
I would title it “Journey,” because of all the experiences I have encountered throughout my life.
What song or artist do you like but rarely admit to liking?
Party in the U.S.A.
If you could have dinner with anyone in the world, living or deceased, who would it be and why?
God, just to sit down and talk with Him about life lessons; how to live more in accordance to His Word, how to better myself at serving and showing His love to others, and how to make the most out of my days on earth in glorifying Him.
Forty-years from now, what do you want to be remembered for?
Making a positive impact in my hometown community as well as being the best defensive back to play the game.
In 15 words or less, why should an NFL team invest in you?
They will get a man who’s a hard worker, disciplined, coachable, and overcomes adversity.
- Did LSU brush off a serious claim that Derrius Guice sexually harassed a 70-year-old security guard?
- Rams defensive lineman takes a shot at Jared Goff saying Matthew Stafford is a level up compared to Goff
- Louis Nix III was with another person and reportedly intoxicated the last time he talked to anyone
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- He is going to be a stud too! We love the unnoticed! twitter.com/ig_barnes/stat…
about 13 mins ago
- Scouting is the funnest thing ever because not everyone sees it the same way. I think that is why the NFL draft Ha… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 24 mins ago
- I would not be shocked if the Bears franchise Allen Robinson the Lions franchise Kenny Golladay and the Bucs franch… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago