- Name: Calloway Lee
- Height: 5090
- Weight: 250
- Position: FB/DL
- College: Virginia University Of Lynchburg (VUL)
- Twitter: @CallowayLeee
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Growing up in Baltimore Maryland was always a sight to see. We have a very unique culture of our own. I love that the city has so many hidden talents and potential to offer to the world.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and conditioning is my number 1 because you have to be in the best shape of your life at every second of your football career. Without it there is no playing at your best you’ll always be behind. Practice is my number 2 because while being in the best shape of your life you can go into every practice and give it everything you got. You also have pre-practice which is 30-45 minutes before your original practice is scheduled to start to sharpen your craft and get better at anything you’re lacking in. Film study is my number 3 because you can go back and review your practice film to make corrections to what you did wrong on a particular play or drill. Then you can study your Opponents film to see what schemes they run and what best schemes your team can run against them that would work best.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about being in a successful position to provide for my family day in and day out.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• In my freshman year of college I failed my math class for the fall semester, and at that time I was only taking 12 credits. I was very angry and down on myself, because I knew that I was a better student then what I showed. So in the spring semester I had to take 15 credits and pass the math class that I failed to be eligible to play the next season. At the end of the spring semester I had passed all 15 credits.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Effort, I am always going full force it’s just apart of my game and how I carry myself on and off the field. You can’t teach effort it’s something that has to already be in you.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I’ve played against in college is Christian Carter Qb from Merrimack College. He was a true dual threat QB with an football IQ second to none.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• My career of choice would be a Entrepreneur with many different business ventures in real estate investing, and plumbing and heating.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my room first. I was taught to always keep clean where you lay your head at, it shows a lot about the person that you are.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save 3 strangers, because the more in this situation is better. My family would understand why I chose to do so and would stand behind my decision 100%.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Jason Bourne because he’s about his business. He always completes the task at hand no matter the obstacles that’s in his way.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• I lost my nephew to gun violence in the city of Baltimore. I kept my daily routine as normal as I could. I worked out a lot to keep my mind off of it and stayed as positive as I could until I fully healed.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• In my junior year I picked up a fumble at the opponents 30 yard line and got caught at the 4 yard line
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• When I scored my first college touchdown. I was playing Fullback but they decided to let me run the ball. We ran a typical stretch right and into the end zone I went.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Nipsey Hussle-Grinding all my life
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Your football IQ is the best trait I believe you can have to succeed at the next level.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• It would be my nephew, because I would show him why I was preaching so much to him about the lifestyle he was living, and how close he was to putting it behind him, and moving forward with a better one.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• It would be called club Truth
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Marlon Humphrey
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected because that let’s me know that I’ve done my job as an individual.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Colin Kaepernick because he took a stand on something he believed in. A lot of people didn’t see things the way he did and some people did. He was a franchise caliber quarterback that was on his way to being great in my opinion. For what he stood for ultimately caused his career to be put on pause still until this present day.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose because there’s so much that goes into preparing for your opponent and you believe you’ve done everything you could to win and when you don’t get that result it burns you up inside.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My father has been the biggest influence in my life because he’s always pushing me to better myself rather it be on the field, in the class room, or in life in general. He’s always dialed in on what I am doing to get better, what the competition is doing to get better, and what I am putting in my body. He’s been there for me all of my life and has taught me everything that I know. He’s always invested in me because he wants me to be as successful as I can be.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Week 7 Power Rankings, After 7 Weeks Steelers are in the top spot nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/week-7… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- Three Point Guards the Clippers Could Sign in Free Agency ift.tt/3oGjURl
about 51 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: Julian Edelman injury update, How many weeks could Edelman miss? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/julian… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago