- Name: Steven Newbold Jr
- Height: 5’11
- Position:WR/KR (ATH)
- College: Tennessee State University
- Twitter: @D1_steve1
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- Miami Carol City home of the chiefs! Growing up in Carol City is like ah action, horror, drama, Comedy and romantic movie all in one. One of the things I love about my hometown is the variety if foods.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Watching film is critical because Knowing the strength and weakness on your opponents will help when the time comes.
- When it’s come to strength and conditioning it’s important because rather playing football or not you should want to live a heathy life and to stay in shape.
- Putting in the work all week, working on your craft, putting everything together and preparing for the opponents is very important that’s why I love practice
What do you worry about, and why?
• I try my best not to worry about things, I like to keep a clear mind on what’s going on.
. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• First I ask myself “how did I put myself in this predicament and how can I fix it form not happening again”. Then build on it.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I don’t give up, I give my all, im a great blocker, and I’m a team player.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Siran Neal former cornerback for Jacksonville State University. I was a true freshman at the time and he was a red shirt senior.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football? Who knows?
• I’m a strong believer of everything happens for a reason by the grace of GOD. There’s a plethora of careers out there but, GOD has blessed me with the talent to play football at a high level.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean the room first because it’s bigger. If I had to do it In order it would be room, car, than the desk. Biggest to smallest.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would most likely try my best to save them all if I could, unless we’re in a situation where I could only save one I would save whoever i could.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Shannon Sharpe, who co-hosts Skip and Shannon On Undisputed with Skip Bayless. The reasons why is because he’s very funny and he’s one of those outgoing people you’ll like to be around. Similar to me
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• All my life I had to overcome the battle of fighting ADVERSITY. Growing up in Miami Carol City wasn’t easy. Raised by my father and grandma until she pasted away, Mother wasn’t around from the ages of 8-18 (she was in jail) but she always called and sent me many pictures. Lots of pictures. My dad and I got evicted from our house, Dad ended up going to jail for months, I stayed with one of my close friends auntie that lived down the street from the house I use stay in. I can go on and on. But I always stayed STRONG you would’ve never knew that I was going though hard times.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• These moment was embarrassing and funny at the same time because I was that kid that everybody knew. So one day my dad brought me these all white clean K-Swiss shoes. Growing up I always had nice pairs of shoe from Jordan, Nike, Adidas and others but on this day my dad decided to buy some K-Swiss. This was around middle school time six grade. So I put them on for school one day and when I mean everybody was making fun of me. It was embarrassing and super funny at the same time.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Most memorable play was when our Head coach Rod Reed called a time out right before Jackson State had a chance to kick the winning field goal. This was around my sophomore year. The kicker made the first kick but wide left the second one, I couldn’t believe it he iced the kicker!
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Push it by Rick Ross
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• At some point of the game your going to get physical so why not be physical from start to finish.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring back my grandma, To bring her to one of my games and to taste her food I wasn’t old enough to remember how her food taste.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
•Loose Legs (LL’s)
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected for who I am. Respected and Liked is different. But rather you like or respect me I’m still going to strive to be the best I can be.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• It’s a lot going on with other players and off-field issues, so I just do my best to keep my nose clean and not worry about the other person. Because just like it happened to them it can happen to you.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Of course I love to win but I always learned that you can’t win them all.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• Not to sound selfish but no one influenced me I’m very hard on my self and self motivated. I always said im going to do what I have to do for my family to live a great life.