- Name: Seth Rowland
- Height: 5’6
- Weight: 192
- Position: Running Back
- College: Tennessee State University
- Twitter: @SethRowlandRB22
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is Nolensville, TN It is a very small country town that has a lot of tradition to it. I really love my town because it is very quiet and the people are super friendly and when I train in my town it’s nothing but trees and horses around.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study is super important to me because you have to watch how your next opponent plays to your strengths and weakness and you work on what you can do to help your team out the best way you can just from studying the opposing team on film. Strength and conditioning is one of my top things I utilize to be best RB I can. I am only 5’6 so i have to make up for that height by putting in the work in the weight room and I know if I work hard in the weight room it is going to translate into the field. If I have a good day in the weight room I will surely have a good practice. Practice is important because you play like you practice and if you half ass practice you will play half ass in the game. I’ve noticed for myself that if I have a good attitude in practice I will usually have a good game.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about if I will ever get the chance to showcase my skills on Sunday’s, The reason is because I don’t get a lot of opportunities on the field but when I do I really do make the best of it at least that’s what people tell me. I want to be noticed and given a shot to showcase myself.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I attempted to powerclean 305lbs and failed miserably, I failed so bad that I became twitter famous for dropping the bar on me and falling backwards, people laughed and made jokes of it but little did they know that they were fueling my gas tank up. I worked hard to prove everyone wrong and I came back and power clean 315Lbs and my biggest supporters were tweeting that.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• They say I am incredibly strong only at 5’6 and that I am very hard to bring down
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I am not sure, I have never really thought about that.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I’d like to be an editor of movies and work behind the scenes of huge movie projects.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I keep my car pretty clean. I’d have to say car because I am at the car wash every other day.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I am going to find a way to save them all.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• The Underdog of any sport movie. I feel like I am overlooked in a lot of sports because I am not your average RB but it seems that I am always proving the haters wrong.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Not getting 1 offer from any level of college after attending a prep school after high school and having to walk onto a Division 1 program. I would say I’ve overcome it because when I look back to where I was 4 years ago I made an impact at my university and def have showed people who I am when I run that ball. Most people told me I wasn’t big enough to play D1.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Going viral on the internet after failing a powerclean.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Scoring in state championship game in high school.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Can’t Be Touched – Roy Jones Jr.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My vision+hiding behind huge blockers and my quickness to get out of trouble.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Seth’s Boom Boom Room
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Tarik Cohen
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected! I’ve been through way too much to be disrespected by anybody. I do not care if someone likes me but they have to respect me.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• My teammate Jamahl Jhelks, he was such a great Offensive Lineman and would def he playing at the next level.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I absolutely hate to lose, if I lose I hope you absolutely beat me not by a close game because that means you deserved it.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My dad and Mom because they never ever let me give up on anything and still are pushing me till today even when I was ready to throw in the towel.