- Name: Rysen John
- Height: 6’7”
- Weight: 230 lbs
- Position: WR
- College: Wide Receiver
- Twitter: @ryflymyguy19
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m originally from and born in Vancouver, British Columbia, one of the biggest cities in Canada next to Toronto and Montreal to live in. My hometown is very safe to be around in, not a whole lot of violence going in the city. Very much a laid-back city, diverse with different cultures and immigrants that come to the country to live. What I love most about the city I live is that I always get the chance to relax and enjoy the nature of the pacific northwest, and the weather is not too extreme to adapt to neither which is great.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1) Film Study: always get to prepare for games properly and read what other players can do and see what their tendencies are
2) Practice: work on the good habits and apply them into gamedays to get the best results
3) Strength and Conditioning: off-season work is important to improving your overall skill and physique, getting wiser into taking care of your body as part of your recovery
What do you worry about, and why?
• not doing the little things that is asked from you to do right the first time, because that could up to lead bad habits later in your life
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Ive done summer school after my first year of classes which made me ineligible for the first three games of my sophomore season, and I had to do another research paper to change my grade and CGPA on pair to be eligible. That forced me to miss three weeks of games and reps.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• leader by example, not having to do anything that hurts the team in any phase being apart of the team
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I think my teammates in practice during my first year against the Herdman twins when I was playing scout offence, where the twins went on to play in the CFL currently
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• probably be coaching and teaching after I get my degree from university, and or be a firefighter if that becomes an option of mine later down the line
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my room for sure
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would choose my family member just because they arepeople I trust more in the long run if I am in need of help
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Michael Jordan in Space Jam because one, its Michael Jordan having his own movie and two, I liked to be the greatest basketball player of all time if I were to be his character
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• having to deal with classes to be eligible to play every season, by having to stay up late and having some help with tutors to understand material
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• going up the stairs on a regular basis and then all of the sudden, then you misstep on a stair and then fall forward on your chest and face
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Last game of my freshman season, I get to start the game, lead the team in receiving yards but also score my very first collegiate touchdown against Western Oregon.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Ace Hood- Blessed
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Physically my height will take a long way in the next level and be able to build my frame to where it needs to be
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I think my grandfather from my dad’s side of the family, passed away at a young age on his birthday and was my first ever playing tackle football at age 9. I’d bring him back for one day just to tell him how far I came from being a child to now a young great man in my life and show how strong of an individual I am.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Maybe, FlyHigh Vibe, not an expert on names
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Deshawn Watson
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I liked to be respected for my efforts for anything I do because people would then give you the reason to like you based off your qualities of a person and how you treat people around you.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I think Isiah Pead off his leg injury recently, coming out of college and showing his talents at the senior bowl game, it felt he was set out to have a great career in the NFL until his leg had to amputated
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose, winning should be always be on people’s mind however we all learn from our mistakes and improve the next day
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My dad, because he has most knowledge about being a great athlete in college level and also what it would to get to the next level professionally as he was close to his basketball dreams. He’s also influential because of the connections and people he knows in his circle that could also help me be better as a human being.