Football is finally here and if you are like me, you were disappointed in the first game of the season. The Packers and the Bears game was horrendous. There was some really crappy play, and it was a defensive battle, but who is to blame for the horrible Bears offense?
Everyone is going to want to call out Mitch Trubisky, but the former first round pick is not the person to blame. The person to blame was Matt Nagy. Matt Nagy came into the game looking sharp, and that was the only thing looking sharp last night. The Bears had some good field position early, but they relied heavily on their young quarterback. He threw the ball 45 times by the end of the game. Trubisky did miss a few big plays, but on other plays he was running for his life. The thing that pissed me off is the Bears have a running back rotation with Mike Davis, David Montgomery and Tarik Cohen and ran the ball a whopping 12 times. I am not including Trubisky’s runs because he should not be running the ball, especially when you have him throwing the ball 45 times.
Tramon Williams of the Packers even said that the planned on getting the ball in Mitch Trubisky’s hands because they knew they would win if they did.
“We wanted to make Mitch play quarterback. We knew they had a lot of weapons, we knew they were dangerous, we knew all of those things, but we knew if we could make Mitch play QB, they we’d have a chance.”
Trubisky finished the game 26-45 with 228 passing yards and an interception, and yes he was sacked 5 times by the Packers defense. His lone interception came from Adrian Amos the former Bear.
The playcalling was horrible too. That falls on the Matt Nagy too. On third and one the team calls a run play to Cordarrelle Patterson? I am so lost you have the three headed monster in the running backs room and you give the ball to the wide receiver? The fourth and ten decision to go for it instead of kicking with Eddie Pineiro was a mistake too. In the off-season everyone was worried about the Bears kicking game after the double doink, but maybe they should have been worried about their offense, because their kicker is legit.
Pineiro had the only points on the night and I would be willing to bet he would have hit that long kick too. The Packers defense was nasty and I have to give them credit, but the Bears need to do better, especially in front of their fans. Come On Man.
I am not sure the Bears can win more than 8 games this year if they come out calling games like that. You may be able to win in some Fantasy betting apps, with players like Tarik Cohen, but it will be a longshot if they cannot fix their offensive problems.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Tre Walker, WR, San Jose State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/tre-wa… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/MJjp2mRnRe
about 39 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Joe Tryon, EDGE/OLB, Washington nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/joe-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Q8de89qeaN
about 56 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: JaQuan Bailey, DL, Iowa State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/jaquan… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/8UVjDZKgx8
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Wyatt Gardner, OC, West Liberty University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Shannon Hall, DL, Western Illinois University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago