- Name: K’Jay Johnson
- Height: 5’8
- Weight: 190
- Position: RB
- College: Central Methodist University
- Twitter: @Kjaygotnext
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Memphis, Tn. In the past few years, Memphis has developed tremendously. So I love the grind and development of my city, which has had a direct impact on my everyday life.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study is the most important because it gives you the ability to strategize and have a better understanding of how your opponent will react under certain circumstances. Practice is second because this gives you the ability to perfect your craft and also work on the things that were discussed during film study. Then strength and conditioning because this allows you to stay healthy and put in your best effort during practice, which has a direct impact on how you play during the game.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about the future. This is primarily because I want to achieve true success during my lifetime and prove to myself that I can be great at anything.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed at accomplishing my goal to finish high school as a dual sport athlete. After my sophomore campaign as the MVP of my baseball team, I was put in a situation where I felt pressured to choose between baseball and football. I was angry at the world initially, but I decided to channel all of my negative energy into training for my first love in football. That hard work and dedication led me to have a great high school football career and gave me the opportunity to play college football.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My work ethic
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Shaquem Griffin
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Car dealership owner
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I’d clean my room first
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save the one family member because I love my family and family comes first
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Martin from his own show. He was a funny guy and no matter the situation, he always found a way to come through and have a laugh about it at the end
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Once I graduated high school, I was faced with serious health issues, which prohibited me from participating in any football related activities. After being treated, I was extremely motivated, so I trained every day for about four months straight. After true dedication, I was able to get back to doing what I love.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I attempted to give a speech at my middle school pep rally, and I started off with a lame joke and no one laughed with me.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• I scored the go ahead touchdown in the fourth quarter to seal the win for us.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Till I Collaspe- Eminem
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The ability to read and react quicker than my opponent.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandfather. I’d bring him back just to talk with him one last time. I’m sure he is proud of the man I have become.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Bluff City
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Terry Wright
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected because every great leader I can think of has had to make a stand for what they believe in and it will not always please everyone, but they still command everyone’s respect.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Ray Rice because he went from being a top tier running back in the league to unemployed abruptly, and he was never given another opportunity to play again.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
My father. He has been there for me every step on the way teaching and molding me into the man I am today.