The Anatomy of Justice Hill – @GNFF_Godfather
Baltimore Ravens rookie running back Justice Hill became one of my favorite prospects in the 2019 draft class. But he didn’t seem to get the same attention as guys like Josh Jacobs, David Montgomery or Miles Sanders for whatever reason. Hill did eventually pick up steam in the mainstream NFL scouting media as well as the FF community on social media. Here we are with the 2019 season about to begin, fantasy owners are scrambling to buy shares of Hill. Let’s breakdown the anatomy of the rookie who could end up being the Offensive Rookie of the Year.
HEAD/VISION: Justice Hill has a great head on his shoulders. It had to impress scouts and front office executives that Hill had the maturity to transition from high school to college smoothly as a true freshman at Oklahoma State, taking the starting job from Chris Carson in 2016 who was a senior at the time. What did Hill do? Hill became the nation’s leading freshman rusher with 1,142 yards. Many focus on his speed but it’s his vision that helps him break off big runs.
SIZE/DURABILITY: Hill may not look like Derrick Henry but he’s not small at all. He’s 5-10, 200 pounds and he may remind some scouts of Reggie Bush. Durability wise, he carried the ball 20-plus times in 13 games at Oklahoma State in the spread offense. His coaching staff did not seem to worry about overworking him. Hill is a grinder on and off the field, as shown here in the weight room.
HANDS: Hill will slash a defense in the pass game as well. He finished his collegiate career with 49 catches, 304 yards and a touchdown. The receiving numbers aren’t astronomical but in the Ravens offense, Hill appears to start off as the weapon out of the backfield. Mark Ingram may be the lead back in Baltimore for now but expect to see a steady dose of Hill by end of the first quarter of the season. Ingram is on a 3-year deal with a potential out in 2021.
SPEED: Let the Reggie Bush comparison (athletically) continue. Hill ran 4.4 40-yard
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Predicting The Starting Quarterback Of Every Team Going Into 2021 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/starti… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 27 mins ago
- Predicting A Trade: David Njoku To The Houston Texans For A Fourth Round Pick nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/david-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 30 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Spencer Brown, RB, UAB nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/spence… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago
- Predicting A Trade: Sam Darnold To Carolina Panthers In Exchange For The #8 Overall Pick nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/sam-da…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago
- Did You See This:South Carolina football player D’won DJ Fields Jr. shot and killed nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/dwon-d… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 46 mins ago