- Name: Jackson Erdmann
- Height: 6’ 3”
- Weight: 215
- Position: QB
- College: Saint John’s University
- Twitter: @jerdy002
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I grew up in Rosemount, Minnesota. My favorite part about Rosemount was the “small town” feel as well as being in close proximity to the Twin Cities. Rosemount has above average schools, so I am thankful for my learning experience. Rosemount also has a phenomenal football program, and I am very fortunate to have gone through it.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1. Film Study 2. Practice 3. Strength and Conditioning
I take all three of these extremely seriously, but as a quarterback, film study is by far the most important. Practice is the second most important for me, because I learn best when I am actually doing something, which is what I do at practice. Strength and conditioning is the third most important in regards to the other two, but it is still vital to success.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Not living my life to the fullest. When I am old and pretty much a goner, I want to be able to look back on my life and have as little regrets as possible.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• During my first semester at Penn State, I took a Calculus class. In the past, math was one of my favorite subjects and it usually came easy to me. This changed very quickly as I failed my first Calculus test. The first test was a reality check for me, and I can honestly say I have never studied harder and spent more time on one class than I did on that Calculus class. I remember going to classes, football practice, dinner, and then study hall/the library to spend hours working on Calculus problems. Leading up to the final exam, I was right on the border of getting a C or D in the class. I studied so much for that final exam and did everything I could so I could do well and pass the class. I still remember where I was when I found out I passed the class. I was ecstatic and immediately called my parents telling them I passed.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Marcus Allen or Grant Haley
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• As of right now, I would want to travel to countries overseas while teaching in schools and doing humanitarian/volunteer work. I recently was offered a Fulbright Grant to teach English in Malaysia for a year, but decided to turn it down in hopes of playing football after college. If football does not work out, then I will go back to the teaching route for early in my career.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room (I don’t have a car or desk)
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• It depends on the family member and the age of the strangers. Age definitely plays a factor, but it would be very difficult for me not to save one of my younger cousins or sisters.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Batman (Christopher Nolan series). I would want to be Batman because he helps those in need, and his identity is a secret. One day, I hope I am in a place financially where I can give back and help those in need.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• I was diagnosed with Acute Cerebellar Ataxia (ACA) during my junior year of high school. ACA disrupts the cerebellum and vestibular cortex. I was hospitalized for a few days, and had to go through extensive physical therapy. I had to train my body to sit up straight, stand up, and even walk again. It was a scary time. I was not sure if I would be able to do normal activities, let alone play football again. By the Grace of God, I was able to push through with the help of many, and get back to my normal abilities.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Having diarrhea at my girlfriend’s parents house.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Last Offensive play against UMHB and losing the game.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Grindin’ by NF
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Mental Toughness/Drive to win
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• John F. Kennedy
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Janky J’s
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Christian Mcaffrey
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected. It is impossible to please everyone. I am firm in my beliefs and confident in my actions. Yes, people may not agree with them, but I hope they can respect them. There will always be “haters,” and I don’t really care whether or not people like me. I will not change who I am in order for people to like me. At the end of the day, I hope people will respect me and the things I do.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Colin Kaepernick. I think that Colin Kaepernick’s career went downhill once he started the National Anthem protest. I am not going to get into whether or not I believe that was the right thing to do, for I think there is a time and place for everything, but I do believe that Colin’s career was significantly impacted by it. I feel for Colin because he took a stand on an important topic and stood up for what he believes in, and as a result, his NFL career was “derailed.”
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose. Hate it.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents are without a doubt, the biggest influence in my life. My parents have raised me to be the person I am today, and have instilled the values I possess into me at an early age. I am beyond thankful for them, and cannot imagine my life without them.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Big Board 2.0: Top 480 prospects in the 2021 NFL Draft presented by Draft Diamonds… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 44 mins ago
- ICYMI:Oregon High School broken-hearted after star football prospect Ezekiel Crowder’s suicide… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 54 mins ago
- Fantastic twitter.com/insidetheleagu…
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for February 26, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:Transfer Portal: Syracuse Football | Garrett Shrader Film Break Down nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/garret… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago