- Name: Ivan Oraha
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 210
- Position: Punter/Holder
- College: Hampton University/Transfer from Eastern Michigan
- Twitter: @ivanoraha
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Temperance, Michigan. What I love most about my hometown is how close-knitted everyone is and how close the community gets in whatever the situation may be.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice, Film Study, Strength and Conditioning. It’s very hard to list the three in order for my specific position group. Why practice is first is because consistent repetition is key for any specialist to perform on Saturday’s. Film Study will correct any technical form you have with your motion. Strength and Conditioning along with flexibility will build the power behind your kicks.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I try not to worry about the things that are out of my control but what I do worry about is lack of preparation. I live by a quote that has taken me a long way through my journey “By Failing to Prepare, you are Preparing to Fail.”
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Out of High School, I had my mindset on becoming a scholarship player for an FBS Program. I was unable to receive a scholarship for punting which led me to go to a Prep School in Chicago. This led me to a preferred walk-on spot at Eastern Michigan for 4 seasons which ultimately ended in a Full Scholarship transfer to Hampton University for my remaining 2 years of Eligibility.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I have been told by teammates that I am a great friend and a positive light to be around. I try and take pride in not discriminating any type of players whether you’re a walk-on or a 4-year starter. I try and treat everyone with the same type of respect.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I played against Kareem Hunt while I was at EMU and he was at The University of Toledo. He was an outstanding athlete in college and that has translated over to the NFL as well.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would like to become a Head Strength Coach or own my own Kicking Camp. Being around the game is what I know best. With that being said, I have a very open mind and believe that building the right connections can take you a long way in the realm of jobs.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room would be the first on my list to clean. Taking care of your living space is crucial and overlooked.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save my one Family Member. Family is always first in my opinion. I’ve always preached that I wouldn’t be where I am today if it wasn’t for my family. My mother Tara, my Father Hani, my brother Haven and my sister Evita mean the world to me.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Iron Man. He’s always been my favorite Marvel Character. He’s a Genius, Billionaire and Philanthropist. A very selfless character who in the end result sacrificed his life in order to save billions.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• The biggest adversity I’ve had to overcome in life was having 2 of my great friends in high school passed away from car accidents. The pain of losing a close one in your life is indescribable but having loved ones in your corner that are there for you in your time of need is such a relief. I’ve overcome that tragedy by surrounding myself with family and close friends.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• In high school, I fell asleep during class and woke up to the sound of my fart. I looked around, everyone was laughing at me so I put my head back down and fell back asleep.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Playing army back in 2017, being able to pin my only two punts inside the 10 and one inside the 5-yard line. The game was sold out and I was able to put my team in the best possible situation to win the game.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Paul Engermann Push it to the limit
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Consistency. That goes for on and off the field. A blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while but being able to repeatedly perform the same results in a positive manner will separate you from the rest.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring back my grandpa (father’s dad). He passed away a few months after I was born but I was never able to meet him. My father explained to me how great of a man he was and how much he would have loved me.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Ice Breakers
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Maxx Crosby. He’s a rookie for the Oakland Raiders. Not everyone knows his name yet but they will soon.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. Lions don’t lose sleep over the opinion of a sheep. Not everyone will like you and that doesn’t matter as long as you’re doing right by yourself. What will carry you into success is having the respect of others.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose. The always prepare to win, that should be a given. Losing isn’t in my vocabulary so when it happens it hurts.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Dad has the biggest influence on my life. He’s the most selfless man I’ve ever met. He’s done nothing but provided for his family and continues to do so till this day.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL’s Big Bucks Players In 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nfl-19/ #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/CYYfZ3mNJb
about 39 mins ago
- Did You See This:From the 504 to The Spring League; Dion Ray hopes to show off his skills nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/dion-r…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for October 19th, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts and Daily Workouts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 57 mins ago
- Did You See This:Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Lee Privett, Defensive Lineman nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/lee-pr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jarrin Pierce, WR, Middle Tennessee State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago