- Name: Durrell Nash
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 235
- Position: Middle linebacker
- College: Saint Augustine University
- Twitter: no_oppsallowed
•Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
Chicago,Illinois and I love the competitive aspect of my city because everyone is trying to make it out where I’m from.
•List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
Film study , practice , and strength and conditioning. Film study is most important because football is more of a mental game and once you find the tendencies of your opponent you will be better prepared to stop their progress. Practice is next because repetition allows you to get a visual of what you will see in the game and strength and conditioning is next because this is a physical game we play.
•What do you worry about, and why?
I worry about my future because I don’t know what else I would be doing if I wasn’t playing football.
• Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
A personal failure of mine was not playing at Murray State, because I knew I had the ability but I let my attitude get in the way of my opportunity but I made the choice to transfer and not let my pride ruin any of my opportunities.
• What do your teammates say is your best quality?
My teammates would say I’m a very hard worker from being the last person in the weight room or just getting some extra work in.
• Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
Jordan Bentley from Alabama A&M we were on the same team so I never got the chance to play against him in a game but I believe he will be one of the best backs in the FCS.
• What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
I would be a mental health specialist
• Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
One family member because my family means the world to me
• If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
Scarface because it’s one of my favorite movies
• Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
My biggest adversity would be having to go juco not knowing if my college career was over and grinding until I got a division 1 scholarship.
• What is your most embarrassing moment?
Running outside in the winter time and falling on the ground
• What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
Getting a interception in the end zone against reedley college and a fumble recovery the next defensive play to seal the game
• What song best describes your work ethic?
• What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
My ability to run side line to side line today’s NFL want linebackers who can run
• If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
I would bring back my uncle who I lost to gun violence my freshman year of college
• If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
Respected because not everyone is going to like you but respect has more longevity
• What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
Micheal Vick because even though what he did was wrong he wasn’t taking out the league during his prime
• Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
Hate to lose
• Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
My mom and dad because they made sure that me and my brothers were always taking care of.