- Name: Dawonya Tucker
- Height: 5’6
- Weight: 180
- Position: Runningback/Kick & Punt Returner
- College: Prairie View A&M University
- Twitter: @DawonyaTucker10
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I love Terrell SO much, if you ask anybody close to me they know I love my city some will say I love it too much. I just love how Terrell is a small town so it’s a family atmosphere. If you not related to someone you have some type of ties with their family so it’s like everybody “cousins.” And I also love how Terrell is a football town!
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Really all three of these are so important to me as a players but if I have to put them in order: Practice, Film Study, then Strength and Conditioning.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Game wise? Absolutely nothing. People may think because of my height it’ll be bigger opponents. I’ve been playing football since I was 4 years old and I still haven’t played no one bigger than me.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Work! All I know is work. When I was in high school I wasn’t highly recruited so when I seen other running backs getting recruited it just made me work even HARDER.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Explosiveness, Instinct, Tenaciousness
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Myles Garrett
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room first thing I do when I wake up.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• One family member. family is EVERYTHING, but family to me is not defined by “blood” relation. If I call you my brother or family your family and nothing less.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• my favorite movies is the Polar Express. So I’ll want to be the Boy in the movie. Because he learned a key quality and that’s Believe!
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Having my Son at 18 years old, being away from him in college, and not having a constant income to provide for him. That made my faith grow tremendously and it made me “duck my head” and grind my but off so I can make the most of the opportunity I got here at PV. Why be this far away and sacrifice from my son and his mother and not make it worth my wild on the field?
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Getting a whooping at school by pops in middle school.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• I’m still playing so it’s hard to just say but as of now. My 80 yard screen verse Grambling in 2018. That was a huge play in a BIG game.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Major Nine – Places You’ll Go
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• it’s two EXTREME Focus and confidence
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Easily my granny but maturing and look at this world today. She’s better off in Heaven. Why take her from paradise?
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• He starting to get his recognition after his All-Pro season but Tarik Cohen
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
•Antonio Brown, that speaks for itself
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• HATE to lose!
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Son Jordan Lee Tucker. He has made me grow as a man and has motivated me to be the best in EVERYTHING I do.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Former Pittsburg State basketball star Marquell Nolan shot and killed at Youth Football Game… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 26 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Desean Jackson Injury Update; Potential concussion and knee injury?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 35 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Week 7 Injury Review; Updates on the wide receivers in the NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 46 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Week 7 Injury Review; Updates on the running backs in the NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 51 mins ago
- Surprising Draft picks in recent memory nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/draft-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/SNduRLkOtd
about 52 mins ago