• Name: D’Angelo Fulford
• Height: 6’2
• Weight: 218
• Position: Quarterback
• College: University of Mount Union
• Twitter: @D12Angelo
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from South Florida, Broward and Dade area. I moved around a lot but what I loved most was the giant melting pot of cultures, lots of different foods, events, and people to interact with. And of course the beach.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• From a QB’s standpoint, Film first. I feel like knowing what your opponent is going to do before they do it is so key and allows you to play faster and more efficient. Strength and conditioning next because football is a physical game and QB’s don’t sub. And then after you have the mental and physical down, practice does make perfect.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I have no worries when I’m on the field, nothing from the outside world ever follows me onto a football field. It’s a sanctuary for me.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My freshman year in 2016 after winning the starting job week 5, I broke my collarbone and it sidelined me for the rest of the season. I felt like I let everyone down. The next year, 2017, I came back with 10lbs of muscle added, won the job back, led the nation in passing efficiency (216.0) and threw 50 passing TD’s to only 5 int’s. And also capped the season off with a National Championship.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Definitely my arm strength and extending the play with my feet when need be.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Mason McKenrick
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I’d probably be a coach and work my way up the ladder.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Desk cause that’s the workplace. My car is always clean. My room only gets dirty with clean clothes I haven’t folded yet.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I’d have to know more about the situation but my first instinct is to save my family member. Then I’ll help the 3 strangers.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Tony Stark. He’s Ironman, rich, smart, a celebrity, has a family, and saves the universe.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My sophomore year in 2017, we were in a semifinal game in Wisconsin. It was 0 degrees, 20mph wind gusts, and we were down 25 points with 9min left in the 3rd quarter… We came back and won 43-40 to send us to the National Championship.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• In the 3rd round of the playoffs last year in the middle of a game. My contact came out after a hit on a play. I had to leave the game, have the trainers take me on a golf cart to my house across from the stadium, run inside my house-while still in full gear- to get my spare contact to return. Came back and had to hop the security fence to get back onto the field with my team.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Throwing the only touchdown in the 2017
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Nonstop -Drake
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I’m a sponge when it comes to knowledge, something that gets me once won’t get me twice.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandmother on my moms side, she was my best friend and I lost her at such a young age.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Zone
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Marcus Mariota
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I’d rather be respected cause at the end of the day not everyone is going to like you. A lot of people hate Tom Brady but they respect him.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Johnny Manziel, he was electric with the ball in his hands and had a load of talent with a huge fan base. But the off-field issues just kept adding up and ruined is chances.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win but hate losing more. One of my favorite quotes is “You show me a good loser and I’ll show you just that, a loser.” -Cam Newton.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Mom and Uncle. My mom is my rock, and my Uncle has been like a second dad to me. They both pushed me school-wise and athletically. My uncle is the one who convinced my mom to let me play tackle football at a young age.