Every football fan loves a player who will straight up annihilate a wide receiver after making a catch. Most defensive backs are scared to hit, but I found a defensive back from Canada that will take your head off.
Brandon Brooks the San Diego, California native is currently playing at the University of Regina in Canada, after spending some time at the University of Nevada. Brooks is a 6020, 185 pound defensive back who is one of my favorites to watch on film. He is a playmaker, who is not afraid to hit, and he always finds a way to come down with the ball in the secondary.
Last season at Regina, Brooks was a vital piece of their defensive backfield. In his first season with Regina, he started all 8 games at cornerback, and finished the season with 34 tackles, and interception and 2 pass breakups.
It all started at Patrick Henry High School in San Diego, California for Brooks. The kid was a standout football player and was a monster in track and field. It caught the eye of recruiters for Dixie State and he landed on his feet for DSU.
Brooks did not have the easiest path to the NFL Draft, but he has tried to make the most of it. As a true freshman he started all 10 games at Dixie State University forcing a fumble and breaking up two passes.
Brooks also played at Riverside City College, where he was credited with an interception and three pass break-ups in 10 games, before landing at the University of Nevada in D1, where he played in only one game.
After several moves, Brooks has found a home and he is making the most of it. I love this kid and feel he has what it takes to dominate at the next level. Remember his name come April!
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: D.J. Moore Injury Update, Panthers WR suffered an Ankle/Achilles injury… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 26 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Josh Jacobs Injury Update, Did the Raiders RB suffer a serious injury?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 35 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Daniel Jones Injury Report, Giants QB suffered a hamstring injury… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 46 mins ago
- Did You See This:Breaking: Chargers are working out P Lachlan Edwards, K Cole Tracy, and K JJ Molson… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Tyler Witt, OL, Western Kentucky nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/tyler-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago