- Name: Andre Walker
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 225
- Position: Defensive end
- College: Houston Baptist University
- Twitter: @ITZANDR3000
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Growing up in New Orleans, I loved the amazing food and the various festivals that went on throughout the year.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
1. Film Study 2. Practice 3. Strength and Conditioning
Film Study • If you don’t know the teams tendencies or weakness, then you won’t know what to focus on for practice. For instance, If I see that an offensive tackle tends to use the “hug” technique on a vertical set, then I can focus on practicing my long arm technique during practice. Film study allows you to focus on the right things in practice so that you will be successful on game days.
Practice • After watching film, practice allows you to hone in on your foundational skills and fine tune the techniques you plan to execute on game day. Practice also allows you to get a better feel as to how the opponent will line up during game day.
Strength and Conditioning• While strength and conditioning in the weight room is important, I feel that playing football alone is enough to get you in shape in the conditioning aspect. During the summer, it’s definitely important to improve your overall strength and explosiveness as much as possible, but there is a certain point where your physical gains become very miniscule. This is the point where practicing technique becomes more important.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Not being able to accomplish my ultimate goals in life. While the personal growth will be important, I personally feel that reaching my end goals is of high priority. Worry is something I embrace though because It pushes me to work even harder.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• During my freshman year, I lost over 2,000 dollars while day trading penny stocks in the stock market. After watching many YouTube videos and doing tons of research on the companies I wanted to invest in, I was able to eventually make that loss back while also becoming very successful in my years ahead.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• During my freshman year, I remember going up against an offensive guard named Will Hernandez who played for UTEP. Dude had one of the meanest punches I have ever felt. When I heard that he got drafted in the 2nd round by the Giants, I was definitely not surprised. He was the real deal.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would go to medical school to become a doctor. The specialties that interest me the most are Neurosurgery and Space Medicine!
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save one family member. Besides the fact that we are family and share a stronger bond, there is also a strong possibility that the other 3 strangers may also have family members coming to save them as well. It’s a tough situation to have to deal with, but that’s just the life we have to learn how to work with.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Ethan Hunt! I would love to be a highly skilled agent that gets to travel the world and do some pretty cool stunts, while also saving the world in the process lol.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My fall season during my junior year was a time of big adversity for me. To stay on track for graduation, I took 3 challenging upper level science courses while also having to perform at a high level during the season. Having an A average gpa is important for medical school so on average I was running on 3 hours of sleep every day to keep up with my daily study schedule. By just approaching one day at a time with a plan, I was able to finish strong in the classroom while also having a record setting season.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• In the 6th grade, I made it to the regional science fair held at southeastern university. Right outside the door, I tried jumping over a security bollard, but a nail that I didn’t recognize coming out the top caught the middle of my pants and ripped a big split right down the middle. I also messed my hands up pretty bad on the concrete. What made matters worse was that there was plenty of people outside to witness my major L.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Freshman year vs western Kentucky, I made my first career sack!
What song best describes your work ethic?
• “Indestructible” by Disturbed
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My long arms coupled with my strong grip strength.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Albert Einstein! I would love to have a conversation with him to gain a better understanding of how he saw the universe.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• TJ Watt
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. It’s hard to be liked by all people, but by being myself, I feel that my inner traits and characteristics will at least be respected even if they don’t align with some people.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Aldon Smith. Aldon Smith was one of the players I loved to model my game after coming up in high school. It hurts because he had the skill to become one of the greats, but failed to reach his maximum potential due to making poor and preventable choices off the field.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?• Elon Musk! Through his journey and ambition, he showed me how to be comfortable when standing for a new idea that may not be generally accepted. His extreme ambition and creative genius that he incorporates into his life work is something I also plan to emulate in my future. He also influenced the way I now look at the universe and why I do the things I do every day.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 15 year old high school football player Daylon Burnett died after school shooting in Arkansas - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/daylon…
about 31 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ethan Tucky, OLB, University of Cincinnati nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/ethan-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago
- ICYMI:Broncos LB Von Miller will not be charged in regards to the pending criminal investigation… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- NFL Transactions for March 5, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for March 5, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago