- Name: Trevon Anthony Shorts
- Height: 6’2
- College: Fairmont State University
- Twitter: @Big_Cinq
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Prince George’s County, Maryland and we are on the border of Washington, DC. I love being close to DC because of how diverse the city is with all of the different cultures.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1.) Strength and Conditioning- If your aren’t in shape you can’t make the team.
2.)Film Study- By watching film you can learn more about yourself as well as watching your opponents to help you become a better player.
3.) Practice- You practice how you play so coming out to practice every day with a game time mentality helps you to perform better and also it’s the time to make your mistakes and learn from them so they will not happen in the game.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about not giving my all to the game of football. When it’s all said and done I want to be able to say I gave it everything I had.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My 10th grade year of high school I didn’t reach my goal for my max bench press which was 225 but I only got 185. After winter workouts were over, everyday during lunch I got there early to eat then went straight to the weight room and bench press 185 until it was easy then I moved up to 225 kept doing it until it became easy to me
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My aggressiveness, my speed and my IQ
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Ethan Cooper from IUP
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Airport Management
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room- Your room represent your character.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• My family members because I wouldn’t be able to live with myself for let a family member die.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• John Wick because I love being under pressure I feel as though it brings the best out of me.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• This last season my cousin had passed away the day before the game and I wanted to play every single second for him. A good game stat wise but I was happy because I gave everything I had for my cousin.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• When I had to de-commit from Marshall University because I didn’t have the test score to play D-1 but I’m glad it happen because of how humbling the experience was.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My freshman year, my first time playing in a game, I caught a 70 yard pick 6 and I remember watching myself on the jumbo screen while I was running and thinking I’m really playing college football.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Dedication by Ace hood
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I notice a lot of little things while playing in the game or watching film that helps me make plays
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Albert Einstein, so he can teach me his way of thinking.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Demario Davis
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because people tend to push your buttons when you are to cool with them.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon because he was at the peak of his game when he got suspended.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose and when I do lose I make sure I do everything in my power so it doesn’t happen again.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My Mother, Latanya Porter, because everyone looks up to her and depends on her and she still manage to handle everything even during the hard times.