- Name: Ovurton Gates
- Height: 5’10
- Weight: 170
- Position: Cornerback
- College: Faulkner University
- Twitter: @OvurtonG11
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I live in a small town name Baldwyn, Ms and I love anything about everyone shows love there it’s a great support system
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study- Because in order to know what your opponent and YOURSELF is doing you have to watch film.
Strength and Conditioning- Because If your not in shape you can’t play you’ll get tired easy in the 4th quarter and Strength is not all bout weight room in football you have to be mentally strong play when your tired.
Practice- This leads up to watching film on opponent, correcting what you did wrong, are you doing your job.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about not making my family proud because I have a last name to play for and make it so they want have to ask for nothing.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed at not going D1 and I reacted as it’s a blessing from God to keep playing. Someone is going to see you.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• The way I carry myself
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Malik Honeycutt
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I’ll still have a great career because I want to coach and I’m majoring in what I want to do.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, Car, Desk
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family Member because it’s Family
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I’ll be a super hero in a movie and I’ll be Flash because no one would be able to catch me.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• When i lost my Grandfather, Aunt, Uncle in almost the same year. I just played ball and dedicated the game for them.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Getting hit in Highschool on the sideline.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The first play when I started in my first college game.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Meek Mill – Nightmares
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Great play recognition
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Father because he died when I was 2years old so I never got to really met him.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Gates Dance Club
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• I’ll have to say right now it’s
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I rather be respected because it’s people that’s not going to like you but that’s life. Just show me respect.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Colin Kaepernick and it’s really not off the field issues but it’s not right how they are doing him just because what he believes and what he stands for.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win and I do hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
My Mother is my biggest influence in my life because she was a single parent raising me and seeing her give me her last makes me want to do right and make sure she has everything.