The NFL is always full of surprises and I wanted to put a list together of five players that I feel would be huge surprise cuts from their teams. Let’s go down a list of players we think that could get the axe in the coming days. Here are five players we could see getting cut in the AFC.
Josh Norman, DB, Washington Redskins – I know this would be a huge shock but Norman would save the team 8.3 million dollars by releasing him. I am not sure releasing Norman makes the most sense, but the Redskins only have 11 million dollars in Salary Cap. This move allows them to gain an additional 11 million and get out of a huge contract they gave Norman.
Laquon Treadwell, WR, Minnesota Vikings – This not a huge shocker but I feel a team thin at wide out will jump on him. Treadwell is similar to Devante Parker when coming out of college. Both were super high talents but their coaching staffs in the NFL do not utilize them properly. I think Treadwell will get the axe, but he will latch on quickly.
Mohamed Sanu, WR, Atlanta Falcons – The Falcons have some depth at wide receiver. They drafted Calvin Ridley early last year and already have Julio Jones who is dominant. The Falcons have depth at the wide receiver position and while Sanu is a good player his 6.25 million cap savings makes a ton of sense for the cash strapped Falcons. I could see Sanu getting the walking papers.
Mario Addison, OLB, Carolina Panthers – The Panthers drafted Brian Burns early and they need to get him on the field. I have him pegged as the defensive rookie of the year, and the only way that happens if he is on the field. Addison is a 7.5 million dollar savings to the Panthers who only have 6 million in cap space. This move makes sense because they have the depth at the position.
Ken Crawley, DB, New Orleans Saints – The Saints have a stacked secondary and Crawley is the easier player to cut out of him and PJ Williams. Williams carries 2.2 million in dead cap while Crawley gives them a 2 million dollar cap savings. I could see the Saints moving on from Crawley and I know he will find a home quickly.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Predicting a Trade: Texans trade DE J.J. Watt to the Steelers for WR JuJu Smith Schuster and a pick… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 22 mins ago
- ICYMI:Predicting a Trade: Rams trade TE Gerald Everett to the Patriots for a 5th round pick nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/gerald…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago
- Sam Darnold is Not the Problem ift.tt/3dQNlew
about 51 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for October 22, 2020; Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago
- ICYMI:Predicting a Trade: Bills send a 4th round pick to the Chargers for DE Melvin Ingram nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/melvin…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago