- Name: Matt Jackson
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 190
- Position: Safety
- College: Alderson Broaddus University (ABU)
- Twitter: @mattlockdown24
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Bayonne, New Jersey. It’s a small city with a lot of hard workers. I love my city because that support system is unbelievable, from friends to family, to coaches. If you grind, they are going to support you.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Frist is strength and conditioning because you got to take care of your body to prevent injury. Also, to be in the best shape you can possibility be in. This also means eating right. The second is practice because practice is where you get better. It’s were you work on your weaknesses and perfect your craft and technique. The third is film study because the eye in the sky don’t lie. You can learn a lot from watching film. From scouting your opponent to see their tendencies, to watching yourself to see what you can improve on.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about regret. I worry about regret because if I was to fail at something, I want to have no regret of not making the most out of something or not taking advantage of an opportunity.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Communication and leading by example
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Cory Conrini (Ohio Dominican)
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football, my career would be FBI agent
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• room, desk, car
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• family member. Family over everything
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- I would be the black panther because I want to do it for the culture and be a young king.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• It was my last year in JUCO, I was coming off a good freshmen season. I was started to get looks, started getting mention in articles. I felt good at this point. Like I was ready to really dominate juco football. The day before our first scrimmage, we were practicing and I broke my thumb. And just like that my season was over before it even started. I couldn’t wear a cast because I had to get pins. This was my biggest adversity I faced on my own. The way i dealt with it, is that talked to my brothers, friends and my trainer who was their from start to beginning. They kept me motivated and gave me hope. Thats how I overcame adversity. It was a blessing in disguise.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I was in camp and me and the guys was part of the talent show and we had to dress as girls and sing barbie girl and I was lead singer.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Gaming winning pick against kentucky wesleyan for the fouders cup game trophy.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Meek mill – 100 summers
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• the best trait you can is composure.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring back my aunt because I love her, and I would her to see me play college ball.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• 1800 (eighteen hundred)
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Desmond king II CB for chargers
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected because respect can get you far in life then being liked. It’s like comparing Jay z to Tory Lanez
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Ray Rice! I feel for him because I watched him literally grow into a superstar. I watched him play high school ball, to balling at Rutgers, till going to the NFL. He made one personal mistake and the league threw his career away. There is plenty of NFL players that mess up and is still in the league.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose. Lose is not fun.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• my mom and my dad are my biggest influence because without them I wouldn’t were I’m at today. The taught and showed me right from wrong. They open many doors for me, and they are my biggest supporters.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Are Bills making a TRADE? | Still TRUSTING the PROCESS? | NFL Draft Diamonds ... youtu.be/-3aE7MYLUnE via @YouTube
about 35 mins ago
- Being on #TheRicoReport got me hype! @REALRICO_BF @Pierre_Kingpin @BfloFanatics the fans are great! Glad I could br… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for October 23, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:2017 NFL Re-Draft: Browns take Patrick Mahomes with the first overall pick nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/2017-n…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for October 23, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago