KhayyanEdwards (go by Khay)
- Height: 6’3”
- Weight: 256
- Position: DE, OLB
Universityof Tennessee at Chattanooga
- Twitter: @Khay_Edwards44
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Born in Valdosta, Ga and raised in Macon, Ga
What I love most about Macon is the history behind it. I also love how much support athletes get from the people in the city.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice, Film Study, and Strength and Conditioning
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about not living up to the standard set by my family members before me.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My redshirt freshman year I had the opportunity to get on the field and play behind one of our starting defensive ends. I failed when I did not prepare properly by studying and watching film which put me in a bad position with the coaches. I overcame it by taking more time out to study and watch film when I would be in my dorm and have free time.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Speed and physicality
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Danny Etling
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would probably be a real estate agent.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• A family member
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• John Wick because he is untouchable.
Second option would be Jon Snow
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity was when my parents divorced. I had to grow up fast and help to support my younger siblings as well.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I passed out in Church during a prayer my freshman year.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Would be a sack i missed against LSU in the first drive. It stands out in my memory because I feel that I could have silenced “Death Valley” in our opening defensive series against the #12 team in the country.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• I have no way of making that decision, I got an overload of songs going on right now.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Mac Miller, I think he passed too soon and I would like to hang out with him for a day and breakdown all of his best songs.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Island Breeze Lounge
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Melvin Ingram
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Micheal Vick, I grew up watching him since my dad is a Falcons fan. I would have liked to see him play longer for the Falcons and especially with Julio.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My biggest influencers have been my mother and father. They have always worked to give my siblings and I everything we needed and wanted(there is a difference lol) and they have created 4 individuals that will make the world a better place.