- Kalija Lipscomb
- Vanderbilt University
- Hometown: New Orleans, LA
- Twitter: @ThatKid_K
- IG: only1kall
- GP: 13
- Receptions: 87
- Receiving Yards: 916
- YPR: 10.53
- TDs: 9
As an athlete, what is your motivation?
Family above all. I have three younger siblings who I want to impress and make proud.
What defines success for you?
Doing the best that I can do without comparing myself to the status and positioning of others. Generally, I feel super successful already, having had the college career that I’ve had basically coming out of nowhere.
What would your teammates say about the type of teammate you are?
I think they would say “I’m real.” I’m certainly not the most vocal person on our team, but I play for my teammates and celebrate with the best of ‘em when we do well.
What are some of your personal “rules” that you never break?
A step below rules, I have things where I can’t operate without them being in order. My room and locker have to be neat. Clothes folded; cleats lined up; everything in order.
Who is the toughest player you’ve competed against during your collegiate career?
At the cornerback position; Vandy’s own Joejuan Williams, now on the New England Patriots. Shout out to my boy! Going against him every day really helped me change my game.
Who is the best player in the NFL?
The best player in the NFL is hard. Too many dominant players and positions in the NFL to compare. Best receiver in my opinion, DeAndre Hopkins
What is your team of choice on Madden, why?
I don’t really play madden, if I had to pick though; Chargers.
Failure is inevitable in life. How do you handle situations that don’t go in your favor?
Take it on the chin and keep pushing. The world often works in a way where a similar chance or the same opportunity will come again
Is there a current/former NFL player that you model your game after?
Not one single guy but I watch a lot of tape on D-Hop, OBJ, Stefon Diggs, Jarvis and Devante Adams
Knowing what you do now, what would you go back and tell yourself as a High-School Freshman?
Don’t be so lazy and have fun!
What is your go-to restaurant near campus?
Hopdoddy Burger Bar for sure.
If your life was a book, what would its title be?
“The Silver Lining.”
What song or artist do you like but rarely admit to liking?
I’m proud of all my music selections! From Dave East to Coldplay.
If you could have dinner with anyone in the world, living or deceased, who would it be and why?
My deceased grandmother.
Forty-years from now, what do you want to be remembered for?
Always being myself.
In 15 words or less, why should an NFL team invest in you?
I provide a complete athletic and personal package many prospects do not.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Miles Sanders Injury Update; Eagles find out more about his knee… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 17 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for October 19th, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts and Daily Workouts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 22 mins ago
- He better step up too. He wanted money they paid him. He has been MIA six games, and his penalty was a huge blow to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 29 mins ago
- Last Chance:Updated 2021 NFL Draft Order; Jets hold the first pick after six weeks nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nfl-dr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Raheem Mostert Injury Update; 49ers back will likely miss 3 to 5 weeks… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago