- Name: Jovon Burriss Jr
- Height: 6’0
- Position: Safety
- College: McNeese State University
- Twitter: @Verified_Vonn
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is Germantown, MD. It’s not a big city but it’s very diverse, you get a little bit of everything. That’s what I love about my hometown.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study, Practice, Strength & Conditioning.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I try my best not worry about anything and leave everything to God.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My freshman year at Fullerton college (JUCO) I messed up my shoulder and ended up getting surgery which caused me to miss some school resulting in me failing some classes. The next two semesters I shook back, loaded up on classes and passed them all with a good GPA, even made the deans list.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Character in general. Physicality on the field.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Marquise “Hollywood” Brown
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• My Family member because that’s what family is for.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Denzel Washington because he’s versatile.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Going from a guy that didn’t/couldn’t go to college out of high school to receiving several D1 offers. All Glory to God.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I was at a cookout and tried to give this pretty female a flirtatious stare, then tripping and dropping all my food.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• First D1 college football game of my career, pick 6!
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Letter from Lucci- YFN Lucci
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Being Coachable
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• To be honest I’m not sure.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Bj Blunt
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected! When you’re respected people usually look at you as an important person.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to Lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- Naomi Lynn (Mom). She showed me how to be tough and never quit even during adversity. She loves me unconditionally. She introduced me to God. Nobody in the world could ever compare to her.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ethan Tucky, OLB, University of Cincinnati nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/ethan-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 25 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview Datryan Evans, Tight End nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/datrya… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 51 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Richard McBryde, LB, SMU nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/richar… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/wSgx3wRwVH
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:The QB Spotlight Podcast | Malik Willis, Ricky Rahne’s Offense, and Transfer Portal QB’s… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:QB Spotlight breaks down the transfer of Hendon Hooker transfers to Tennessee Vols… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago