- Name: Joshua Wright
- Height: 5’10
- Weight: 180
- Position: DB
- College: Washburn University
- Twitter: @jvmwright06
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Denver, Colorado, I mostly love having the mountains there. It’s a fun place to be and it’s growing, it’s developed so much since I was a child.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and conditioning first because football is a physical game that requires a person to be in shape to even compete. Practice second because you need to train your body to actually do the athletic movements that are apart of the game of football and develop a foundation. Third is film study because this is when you try to become a smarter player and you can use that knowledge to build on top of what you practiced.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I don’t worry a lot, but a simple worry I have is not achieving my goals because I know what I want to do and it’d be very inconvenient to change that.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Junior year in high school during track season I false started during the league championship track meet. That next year I won not only the league 110h and 100m dash, I also won the state 110h race.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Intelligence, I’m a smart player and know how to use my athleticism and awareness.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Josh Crockett, a firmer UCO WR
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• A wellness/health director in a corporate or community setting
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Easily my room because that’s supposed to be a comfortable and stress free area for me.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• One family member because I love them and it would be what makes sense to me.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Probably Superman just so I could fly around
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Well this is reoccurring, but growing up I’ve always been told and heard that I was going to suck at football and that I’m no good or I’m too small, but throughout my childhood and time and time again I was one of the best players doubters have ever seen.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I have a lot, but one I vividly remember is doing a front flip in elementary school to impress my girlfriend, but I landed on my back and started crying.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Sophomore season during a bowl game I picked off a slant and took it back.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Bet Money-Gucci Mane Ft. K-camp
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Dwane Simmons, he was one of my teammates and friends. Got a lot of love for him and he was taken too soon.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Kreams Klub
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Jarvis Landry
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, respect goes a long way.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Colin Kaepernick
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My mother, she has bent over backwards for my happiness and wellbeing. She’s sacrificed so much and has always been my number one supporter.