- Name: Jevon Shaw
- Height: 5’8 3/4”
- Weight: 187
- Position: Receiver
- College: Ferris State University
- Twitter: @Callme__JT
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Detroit and what I love most about it is that it’s a big city, and has some of the best restaurants.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• strength and conditioning, film study, practice
Because because you physically need to be up to par to play this game of football that’s first and foremost and then studying film on yourself or the other team, leads to a good practice mentally.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Staying healthy, because I know it’s going to be a long season and being healthy is always top priority.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• my first year of college football I really didn’t play at all, so the next year I came back loss some weight and was used more as a ATH and I was tied for leading the team in touchdowns in 2017
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My toughness
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Marty Carter (GVSU)
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Coaching Collegiate football
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• my one family member, can’t leave family behind
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Scooby doo because that was my favorite cartoon growing up.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Not having any offers going into senior year of high school. I got one phone call from coach Annese, he told me he was offering me and I told him I’m coming. And ever since then I’ve made the best out of my college experience.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Don’t have one
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• A toss-throwback trick play to Jayru Campbell to beat GVSU in 2018
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Sicko Mode (Travis Scott ft. Drake)
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My toughness and my knowledge of the game.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Bernie Mac, just so I can see him do stand-up in person.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• i honestly have no idea
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Devonte Adams (WR, Green Bay Packers)
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, and because respect goes a long way
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Brandon Marshall, and because he has a disorder that he had no control over which kind of hindered his career
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My parents, because they have always been there for me and provided for me, one day I hope just to give them back half of what they gave to me.