- Name: Javen Morrison
- Height: 5’9
- Weight: 175
- Position: Defensive Back
- College: Alcorn State
- Twitter: @Yung_J6
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Corinth,Ms which is a small town that shows love to everybody in the city. I love it the most because the city is a support system and a huge family.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• I would say Practice, Strength and Conditioning, and film study. You have practice to develop your craft and technique, with strength and conditioning so that you can last a whole came and come strong in the 4thquarter, and film study to watch your opponent and learn their strengths and weaknesses.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I really don’t worry about anything. I am a firm believer in faith so I let it guide me.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed at winning a state championship in basketball my junior year of high school. I reacted with anger but I was determined to get back. I overcame the failure my senior year by winning the championship and earning my first ring.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• They would say my best quality is my playmaking ability. I try hard to never let them down and to make a play when we need one.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Best player would be Chad Williams.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would pursue my dream of being a lawyer.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, Car, Desk
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save one family member because to me family is all you go.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Batman. He doesn’t have super powers but he uses what he has to overcome any challenges.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity was when my uncle died. I been dealing with it through prayer and trying to live out what I told him I would accomplish.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was slipping and falling trying to run through a house.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable play was my one handed interception against Grambling State.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Dreams and Nightmares by Meek Mill
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The most important trait to have is believing in yourself. If nobody else believes in you then you should since you control your own destiny.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• It would be Lillie Mae my great, great Grandmother. Her wisdom and words kept me going every day before she died.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• One Last Dance
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Kyle Fuller
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected than liked because respect goes a long way and as long as somebody respects you then them liking you doesn’t matter.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon, he is a very talented and great player who was derailed by drugs and your life should mean more to you then a drug feeling.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Both. I am very competitive person and hate to lose while I will forever love to win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
My mom has the biggest influence since I see her everyday struggles and how she overcomes them so I feel like she deserves way more which she will get from me.