- Name: Elijah Vieira
- Height: 6’7
- Weight: 270
- Position: TE
- College: Emory & Henry
- Twitter: @elijah_vieira
- Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
In Franklin County it’s a very close community where most everyone knows everyone. The thing I love most would have to be the lake in the summertime and going out on boats and riding jet skis.
- List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
I would say that practice comes first because with out working the fundamentals, plays and pass concepts your team wouldn’t be able to do anything during the game.
Film study comes next as you have to game plan for what type of defense you will be playing.
And strength and conditioning third because even though strength and conditioning plays a huge role in football with out the practice and film sessions you have nothing to work with on game day.
- What do you worry about, and why?
I worry about being able to succeed at everything I do because I can’t stand failing or disappointing others.
- Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
My junior year having to do a one on one with the starting tight end to see who was going to start and not being able to beat him. I overcame the situation by working my tail off in the weight room and challenging him every week for the same spot to make me better and help me improve.
- What do your teammates say is your best quality?
Probably my willingness to help.
- Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
Josh flenor, he was a d1 transfer who plays DL. Very physical and strong.
- What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
I would be some sort of maintenance tech or a mechanic because I’m good at fixing things.
- Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
Id have to say room.
- If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
I would have to take the family member simply because without them I wouldn’t be who I am today, and family always comes first.
- If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
I’d have to go with iron man on this one. For one he is a genius. And two, who wouldn’t want a suit that flies, shoots rockets and is basically indestructible.
- Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
Biggest adversity in my life would have to be my dad passing away. There’s no easy way to deal with something so tragic but being the man that he made me helped me be able to deal with it.
- What is your most embarrassing moment?
I was at the dentist and they had me on the laughing gas and after they were done, I asked the dentist if she was from Australia because she had an accent I thought, and she laughed and said she was from Texas
- What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
I still have one more season but so far it would have to be running double tights on the goal line and getting a good block so our running back could score the game winning touch down after driving the ball the whole length of the field.
- What song best describes your work ethic?
Beast mode- a boogie wit da hoodie
- What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
Hands down my dad. To just have one last conversation with him.
- If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
I would rather be respected because anyone can be liked. Being respected and respectable will get you way farther in life than being liked.
- Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
Hate to lose
- Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
My parents, without them I wouldn’t be where I am today or have half the opportunities I have had.