- Eli Thomas
- University of Connecticut
- Hometown: Elmira, NY
- Twitter: @Ethomasss22
- GP: 5
- Total Tackles: 11
- TFL: 1.0
- Sacks: 1.0
- FF: 1
During a weightlifting session this past October, you suffered a stroke. How are you doing now?
I’m doing great. Mentally sharp and physically stronger then I have ever been. None of the doctors expected me to recover this fast.
Going through a situation like that, how has it changed your mindset towards life on and off the football field?
Going through this taught me that nothing is guaranteed on and off the field. Every day you wake up is a blessing so make it your best.
As an athlete, what is your motivation?
My mother. She taught me that the world is in my hands and it is up to me if I want to change it.
What defines success for you?
At the end of every year looking back on my yearly goal sheet and seeing goals crossed off.
What would your teammates say about the type of teammate you are?
They would say I am a leader, passionate, and energetic.
What are some of your personal “rules” that you never break?
Never say the “C” word in the weight room. (Can’t)
Who is the toughest player you’ve competed against during your collegiate career?
Marcelias “Boobie” Sutton. We were teammates at Junior College. The best running back that I’ve faced.
Who is the best player in the NFL?
What is your team of choice on Madden, why?
Dallas Cowboys. I am a big Dallas fan.
Failure is inevitable in life. How do you handle situations that don’t go in your favor?
When life gives me lemons, I make grape juice. This means don’t even blink when you fail, just fix it and don’t make the same mistake twice.
Is there a current/former NFL player that you model your game after?
No. I study players and take some moves from them that’s about it.
Knowing what you do now, what would you go back and tell yourself as a High-School Freshman?
I would just pat him on the back and tell him he will be great just follow god.
What is your go-to restaurant near campus?
If your life was a book, what would its title be?
“From the Mud.”
What song or artist do you like but rarely admit to liking?
If you could have dinner with anyone in the world, living or deceased, who would it be and why?
Ernie Davis. First African American Heisman Trophy winner from my home town of Elmira, New York. I would just like to talk with him and pick his mind and ask him a million questions.
Forty-years from now, what do you want to be remembered for?
For being one of the captains on the 2019-2020 team that started the UCONN football dynasty.
In 15 words or less, why should an NFL team invest in you?
Not one player on a roster will out work me.
- Did LSU brush off a serious claim that Derrius Guice sexually harassed a 70-year-old security guard?
- Rams defensive lineman takes a shot at Jared Goff saying Matthew Stafford is a level up compared to Goff
- Louis Nix III was with another person and reportedly intoxicated the last time he talked to anyone
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- I would not be shocked if the Bears franchise Allen Robinson the Lions franchise Kenny Golladay and the Bucs franch… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 14 mins ago
- Check out @draftguyjimmy 3 Round Mock Draft. Jimmy is a must follow, make sure you hit the follow button! twitter.com/draftdiamonds/…
about 44 mins ago
- 2021 3 Round NFL Mock Draft (No Trades) nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/3-roun… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/5sWuQOkkp7
about 48 mins ago
- Former NFL Scout says BYU QB ZACH WILSON is a Third-Round Pick at best| Will get scouts fired?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- FORMER NFL SCOUT SAYS STRONG CHANCE TREVOR LAWRENCE WILL BE A BUST nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/nfl-sc… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Gw7Sjm4WDa
about 2 hours ago