- Name: Darrell Wilson
- Height: 6’3
- Weight: 200
- Position: Strong Safety
- College: Marian University
- Twitter: @WilsonDarrell_
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My Hometown is Chicago and I love the people. We all are from different one way or another and we just embrace it and always keep real it. It’s a nod at the parents and grandparents who I’m still that in every child around whether you like it or not. It’s all love there.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film most definitely first for me because that’s where I learn the most and get the most benefits I feel like and it’s transferred to next, Practice I always try to take the film room out to practice with me and try to do different things I learned and it’s a continued cycle and that’s where I see growth. In that order. Then Strength and Conditioning. I think that will come naturally with the game and working out and grinding in the weight room is like practice to me. So they kinda both are hand and hand, but being conditioned and being power and explosive in the weight room will transfer to the field most definitely!
What do you worry about, and why?
• The one thing I most worry about is my Dreams and Goals being too high. Also putting to much pressure on myself but honestly I thrive off it. So I do strive for the high goals because it brings the best in me I feel like I get closer and closer to reaching them even though it’s millions of away because the goals will always be a million miles away.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I think an example is last years playoff game. I felt like I could’ve played better and put my team in a better position to win. I’m still overcoming this failure because all my failures I will always strive to overcome them because that’s my motor that’s my drive. I never forget them.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Honestly, I would say that I was a great leader. I set that as a personal goal for me. As well as being the best player on and off the field. I hope my work ethic and enthusiasms helps them continue to go and be not good players but great players.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I’ve played against was this running back Joe Conor. He challenged me on my weakness on the field and during that game, we played them he made me work harder and to perfect my weaknesses.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Honestly I always tell people if I was smart I’d want to be a doctor. “Haha” I mean I’m smart don’t get me wrong but it takes a lot to do what they do and their temporary healers because GOD is the all mighty healer, but they have the opportunity to touch lives every day. That’s ultimately what I want to do when I’m done in any occupation or career after.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, Car, and then Desk. I feel like where you lay down at night is ultimately most important it’s your comfort zone and should be always taken care of it’s a being discipline thing too.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save the three strangers because ultimately that’s three lives and my family member I would hope I’d be able to save too over my own because I’m a protector at heart.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Honestly, it would be Shannon Sharpe on Undisputed with Skip Bayless. “That’s UNC” lol he stands by what he says regardless if he ends up being wrong or right. That’s a man I strive to be. True to his ground rules his momma and grandmama taught him. That foundation’s start there.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity I faced was when I lost my best friend this past summer and my cousin a few weeks later. I had to work out and drive back and forth and still find ways to workout and grind and prepare for this upcoming season. I haven’t overcome it yet in my eyes only time will tell. Me reaching my goals in life and knocking them down one by one will be me overcoming them all because I’ll always see adversity in the mirror behind me. I’m gazing forward toward the finish line because life’s a marathon.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• “Haha” Honestly I don’t know. There’s a lot of them. I kinda strive to be that goofy guy too regardless if it makes me look a little crazy. I love it because the people around me see it who I am that goofy kid they can’t help but smile and laugh at “ha”.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• So day I think it was against a tough rival opponent and I had a “good” game because every game is good because I can always strive for them to be great.
What song best describes your work ethic?
“Haha” That’s easy my season anthem” Water” By Lil Bibby a Chicago rapper. It’s a personal classic to me. The song talks about having the “GRIT” and it brings out that “dog” honestly.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I think I’m “Obsessive” not in a bad or negative way. In a way that just says I’m obsessed with being great. It’s something that I will personally never call myself but it’s that other person in the mirror staring back at me telling me you can’t be great so I’m striving to prove him wrong every day of my life.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• This is a tough one but personally Martin Luther King Jr. I just would want to ask him a few questions and just listen to him talk. I love just hearing words of wisdom and getting inspiration and I think if you try just listening and being kind and nice with most people you can get that from them regardless if their your best friend or complete strangers.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• “Haha that’s an easy one it’s from one of my TOP 5 GOAT movies! “Relly’s BOOM BOOM ROOM.” Yeah, I’m sorry I have to steal it! If you know that reference you the real MVP.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Honestly, I think it’s my guy playing for the Indianapolis Colts right now. Kriwshawn Hogan and my guy Brandon Dillon who’s playing for the Vikings. One’s a rookie and the other is stepping into year 3 in the NFL! Shout out to y’all. There not underrated there just small school diamonds in the rough striving for greatness and pushing themselves each and every day to make an NFL roster. “Much LOVE to Y’all”
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Easy without a question I’d hoped that I’d be respected. I think respect, in a lot of ways, is earned from. Either working hard and letting whatever your work is earn that respect. Or just being an awesome human and showing love to others regardless of their skin color or the clothes their wearing or judging them from past mistakes they try to recover from. Respect goes a long way and to keep it short “Wink”. Respect is everything.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• For me, it’s not even that the person I’m choosing had off the field issues. The person I’m choosing life was taken from him and he never got to chance to do a lot of things in life. That’s THEE SEAN TAYLOR. Yeah, he’s the uncover GOAT. I strive to have that work ethic he has and drive he had from the stories I’ve heard and seen about.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• For me, I hate to lose but there’s always a positive in every loss and that even goes with life. You can learn from the losses and have them push you and drive you to go harder! Push more and never have that feeling again. That’s how I take my losses because them those wins feel that much better!
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•This is tough. For sure it’s my parents and all of my elders regardless of their age. My parents though laid that foundation and guided me always on the right path so. That’s why I strive to be to make y’all proud.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Charles Westbrook, Running Back nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/charle… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/48VDqgc1sy
about 42 mins ago
- QB Spotlight: Quarterback Jack Abraham transferring from Southern Miss to Mississippi State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/jack-a…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Beyond the Negotiation Podcast: NFL Agents break it down on Freestyle Friday nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/beyond… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Fantasy Doctors: AJ Brown Injury Review | 2020 Injury Report on the Titans Wide Receiver nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/fantas…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Tyrell Williams, WR, Western Oregon University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago