- Name: Darrell McIntyre
- Height: 6’1
- Position TE:
- College: NEW MEXICO HIGHLANDS
- Twitter: @McIntyreDarrell
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is Palmdale, California. What I love most about it is that I met some of my closest friends there. Going to school growing up with them has been the best part of living in Palmdale California.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice, film study and strength and conditioning. I listed these in this order so I could practice, review film and see what I need to work on and how I can improve through strength and conditioning.
What do you worry about, and why?
•I worry about not living up to the standards and goals I have set for myself. I have a set of goals that I focus to accomplish for my family and myself. I worry about accomplishing them without letting my family or myself down.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed by losing my starter quarter back position to a sophomore at my high school. I was benched the first game and felt like such a failure. However, I focused on improving and getting better with each play I needed to learn. I over came failure by working hard and continued to not give up on my dream and working hard on what I want to accomplish.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates say my best quality is being a silent leader. I do not talk much but I put everything on the field and if something goes wrong, we discuss it on the sideline in order to fix it.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• A wide receiver from Colorado school of Mines, number 15, Brody Oliver. He had 4000 yrds receiving in the in the 2018 season.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I am interested in being an officer if I couldn’t play football. I eventually would want to get enough experience in order to be a detective.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my room first, then my car, then my desk. I would clean my room first because it is where I reside. I would clean my car next and then my desk.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• If I was in a disaster and had to choose I would choose one family member. My family is my lifeline and it is what I live for. I work hard every single day for my kids so for that reason I would choose to save one family member.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Jackie Robinson from the movie 42. I would be him because he showed great determination through all the hate and discrimination he faced. He continued to work for his family and succeeded.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• The biggest adversity I have faced in life was not giving up no matter how many people told me I would not make it. That has been the biggest difficulty, I have chosen to overcome them and focus on making it for my family.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Loosing my starter position in high school and hearing people talk about it at school was by far the most embarrassing moment.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Most Memorable play of my collegiate career was the game winning touchdown against South Dakota
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Logic- Never Been
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
•The most important trait I could have to help me succeed at the next level would be determined. To have that trait it will keep me motivated and focused on continuing to improve and put everything on the field.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandma so she could meet my children and see my success.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Sugar Ice Tea
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Delanie Walker
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because that holds value. Anyone can like you but so many respect you. Respect is earned and held to a high standard.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Johnny Manziel because he had so much potential on the field that he had to show but unfortunately got derailed.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win. It is a big part of me to win and know that I put my heart on that field.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•The biggest influence on my life has been fiancée and children (daughter and son). They have been by my side through every trial and tribulation I have gone through. They have supported me in my lowest times that I have had and have held me to high standards for me to continue my dream. My fiancée has motivated me to be a better player as well as the best father I can be. She also has influenced me to be a better colleague and just a better person. I strive to show the love and care that she gives with everything she does.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Broncos LB Von Miller will not be charged in regards to the pending criminal investigation nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/von-mi…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 29 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for March 5, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 45 mins ago
- ICYMI:Youngstown State coach suspended after he blatantly hit UNI playmaker Quan Hampton on the sidelines (VIDEO)… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 58 mins ago
- From Dud To Stud, Part 2 | 15 NFL players that should crush it in 2021 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/dud-to… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/9WU23wn6LE
about 59 mins ago
- Coastal landed a bad ass twitter.com/blessed_fofana…
about 1 hour ago