- Name: Brandon Ruffin
- Height: 6’3″
- Weight: 200
- Position: WR
- College: University of St. Francis (IL)
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Hometown is Peoria, IL the thing I love most is that there are so many people from teachers, coaches, athletes, etc that want to see you do good which creates an atmosphere of love and pride for Peoria.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice because that’s the true tuning of your skills and just football awareness. Film this is where you build your mental knowledge of not only your opponent but also yourself and the game. Strength and conditioning this is where you fine tune your body to be the best it can be.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my future because I have so much potential and opportunity and I just don’t want to waste it.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• During my collegiate track and field career I had the opportunity to compete at the national level for
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My want to I don’t think any of my teammates question my want to win and compete against other teams.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Josh Hetttiger, LB, St. Xavier University
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• A computer tech
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• One family member because I grew up in a very family orientated atmosphere
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Deku from My hero
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Just growing up around my middle school years I lived in poor conditions from no lights and water to barely enough to eat at night.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Falling over the first hurdle in the race at a track meet
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Last year against St. X caught a ball over two DB’s and when I landed
What song best describes your work ethic?
• All I do is win
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The ability to stay positive and learn
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Nipsey Hussle because he was so involved in his community
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Endzone
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Keenan Allen
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because I don’t care who likes me or not as long as everyone knows my character is genuine and what I stand for.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Tyrann Mathieu because when I first started getting interested in football I was drawn to him as a player and just his passion and drive to fix the mistakes he did made me like him more.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Dad because he’s faced so much adversity but still managed to teach me so many lessons.