- Name: Ben Holmes
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 210
- Position: QB
- School: Tarleton State University
- Twitter: @Benholmes1006
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I am from Orchard Park, New York. It’s a small blue collar town. Everyone knows everyone and there is always something to do. I always loved going back home and being able to get some great wings!
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film Study
- Strength and Conditioning
What do you worry about, and why?
- I am not one to really worry about anything, I am really laid back and believe that everything happens for a reason.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- In Junior College I was unable to get the grades for a scholarship. So I took time and put more efforts into my school work and now I’m on a full ride !
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Kyzir White , he was a safety at Lackawanna Juco and now plays for the chargers
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- I would probably be a Police Officer
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- I would try and find a way to try and save all 4 of them.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- I would like to be Harry Potter, I always wanted to be a wizard!
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- The death of my mother , she was my #1 fan and best friend. I could have crumbled and made excuses and felt sorry for myself….. but that isn’t me. I kept pushing on and kept living life the way she would have wanted me to!
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- In Kindergarten I pooped my pants at recess.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Throwing the game winning touchdown pass in Double OT to JF Thomas to win the game and to clinch the conference championship!
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Don’t stop believin’ by Journey, Everyone gave up on me but I kept believing and it has worked out for me.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- You have to be coachable …… I see it all the time , players have these amazing skills but they can’t be coached! Such a waste !
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My mother, I would do anything to just hear her voice again!
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- The Birdcage
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- Phillip Rivers !
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- I don’t care who likes me, so respected!
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Josh Gordon …… I love watching him play the game! I hope he can get the help he needs!
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Both! I am the ultimate competitor, in anything I do! Winning is a good feeling because all that hard work that you have put in paid off!
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My mother, she taught me what it means to show no pain, and to live everyday to the fullest! She is the reason why I am still playing football. I promised her I would do this until I couldn’t anymore! And I keep my promises!