It is still very early but I wanted to talk about five small schoolers who I feel will make an NFL roster, after not hearing their names called in the 2019 NFL Draft. This list may surprise some, but let’s talk about five guys we feel have what it takes to make the roster of their team.
Emmanuel Butler, WR, New Orleans Saints – Butler should have been drafted. He was probably the best player in the FCS, and to think he went undrafted is mind-blowing. I can see him making the roster over Rishard Matthews. I think Butler is going to be a stud in the NFL and I would not be shocked if the former NAU standout did not see the field early in his rookie season.
Drew Anderson, QB, Arizona Cardinals – This is one of the best sleepers in the entire draft. The former University at Buffalo and former Murray State quarterback is a stud. Right now the Cardinals have Kyler Murray, Brett Hundley and Chad Kanoff on their roster. I think the team will keep Anderson before Kanoff. Anderson has a great arm and is built like a tank. This kid will surprise in the preseason.
Kelvin McKnight, WR, Denver Broncos – The former Samford wideout is a stud who always finds a way to get open. He is not the biggest wideout but the kid is quick and elusive. Outside of Sutton, Sanders, and Hamilton the wide receiver position is up for grabs. I think McKnight will impress in the preseason and find his way on the roster.
Bruce Anderson, RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers – The Buccaneers running back depth chart is sad. They have Ronald Jones, Peyton Barber, and Dare Ogunbowale and I feel Anderson is better than every one of them. I know I am home because I root for the underdog, but this kid can play special teams, and dominate as a running back. The former NDSU standout will make the Bucs roster after the preseason and do not be shocked if he ends up a starter down the road.
Charles Scarff, TE, Baltimore Ravens – The Ravens are stacked at tight end but they love the position. I would not be shocked if Charles Scarff the former Delaware Blue Hen ends up making the roster. I feel he is a huge underdog and a touchdown machine. At Delaware, he was a stud, and watch him become a weapon in the preseason early. You will remember his name after the preseason.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2013 NFL Re-Draft: What if the Chiefs would have taken DeAndre Hopkins over Eric Fisher?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- Last Chance:Jaycee Horn Scouting Report | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect | South Carolina DB nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/jaycee… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 45 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for October 30, 2020|Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 51 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Week 8 Injury Update nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/week-8… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/JPvJ9bOQS5
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:Should the Nebraska Cornhuskers go Independent? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nebras… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/N4Q8WP6FyA
about 1 hour ago