- Name: Spencer Tears
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 195
- Position: WR
- College: Northern Illinois University
- Twitter: @SpencT1
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My home town is Chicago Illinois, a city full of great people and also some hard times. What I like most about my hometown is it’s a beautiful place with a lot of hard working citizens and a lot of slept on talent fell because we’re up north on the map.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study, conditioning, Practice, and strength.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I don’t worry, I just live life day by day and work to be better.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Junior year of HS we made it to state and lost.. That hurt like hell because we worked so hard and overcame so much adversity to come up short. I reacted by working my ass off all off season and earned Scholarships after scholarships going into my senior year.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I work hard, and I motivate to be better day by day
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Sean Bunting
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I’d be a sports broadcaster or a musician because I also play the drums.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• room. That’s your living area.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• one family member. Family is everything and at the end of the day when there’s nothing left family is all you got.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Will Smith.. He’s a powerful actor.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• In HS one of my best friends I grew up with got shot hours after us being together hanging out and almost lost his life. I overcame it by praying and working day by day to get out of the environment we grew up in.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• dropping a wide open TD in HS lol
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• my one handed TD catch in the MAC championship game in 2018
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Ace Hood- Hustle Hard remix
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Being a smart football player. Knowing what you’re doing and being fundamentally sound.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandfather. He meant the world to me and was basically my father growing up.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Keenan Allen
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• respected, because you don’t have to like me but you will always know and respect who I am because of what I do and how I move.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon.. He was bound to be one of the best WR’s in the game.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I Love to win!
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My grandfather. He taught me how to be a man in all situations of life and Raised me to be the hard working God fearing person I am today.