- Name: Sam Romanski
- Height: 6’2″
- Weight: 227
- Position: OLB
- College: University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire
- Twitter: @Sam_Romanski23
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is Wausau, Wisconsin. The town is split in half and there is a rivalry between both sides in athletics which was what I loved most growing up. Although the rivalry holds true, there is still very much a community feels to Wausau which is something I enjoy.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• It is very challenging ranking these three because they are all extremely important to any athletes level of success.
1. Practice – You can be the strongest/smartest guy on the field, but if you don’t work on your craft and hone your skills none of those attributes will reap the benefits.
2. Strength and Conditioning – Your body must be able to perform at a high level, as well as withstand and endure the physical demands the game of football places on it.
3. Film Study – Watching film is very important so you can pick up the tendencies of your opponent. I put this third because after a drive or two you and your coaches will be able to spot your opponents weaknesses, as well as what they are trying to accomplish.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I try to not worry about much. I recognize that everything happens for a reason. Good times are blessings, bad times are lessons.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My true freshman season I had to take a medical redshirt due to illness which was very hard on me. I found myself away from the team which made me realize how much my teammates and this sport means to me.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Work Ethic
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• My previous teammate Isiah Cage – OT for the Toronto Argonauts
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Pursue a career as a Sport Performance Coach.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room – It is where I spend the majority of my time, therefore clean first.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family member. Family first!
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Rocky Balboa because he is a true underdog story who persevered and overcame obstacles placed in front of him to get to the top.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• In 2016 when I was a redshirt Freshman we beat UW – Lacrosse at home and our defense had a goal-line stand to win it. Memorable moment
What song best describes your work ethic?
• One – Metallica, just because it gets me jacked up.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Refuse to lose, refuse to give in mentality. Believing you belong wherever you may roam. Your mentality is everything.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My uncle Dan so I could get tips and we could talk about football.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Kenny Clark, Green Bay DT, more people need to recognize what he does for that defense!
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected – when someone respects you, they view you as important. Anyone can be liked, a true leader is respected.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Johnny Manziel – it was sad to see his short-lived NFL career due to off-field issues.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose. Difficult looking a group or individual in the eyes and telling them on that day they were better than you.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents, best friends, and mentors. They have provided me with every opportunity I need to succeed and I am very grateful for that.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for October 23, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Aaron Jones injury update; How bad is his calf injury? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/aaron-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- Last Chance:2017 NFL Re-Draft: Browns take Patrick Mahomes with the first overall pick nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/2017-n… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for October 23, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago
- Last Chance:That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Taron Mallard, TE, Bethune-Cookman nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/taron-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/yuMJqr8BUW
about 6 hours ago