- Name: Michael Jones (Mike Jones)
- Height: 5’10
- Weight: 200
- Position: DB (SS,FS,SCB,CB)
- College: West Texas A&M University
- Twitter: @royalmike__
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I come from San Diego, California the SouthEast region where we have to earn everything out there. For many of us we use our athletic talent to make a way out of the hardships and to put our families in a better position to succeed. With that adversity I love it though, the quote “pressure burst pipes or creates diamonds” comes to mind when thinking about SouthEast San Diego only because so many great athletes and great competitors are there and not everyone makes the “Cut” because of different circumstances.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• I believe that they are all very important in being the best competitor and player on the field but for me the order would be film study, practice and then strength and conditioning. That order because film study is key in improving my techniques and seeing where I could done my job better . Also film study is key in breaking down what my opponents strengths and weaknesses , tendencies, and keys , because it will allow me to play more freely. I believe practice is second because you have to practice the way an opponent scheme is going to be played so that it’s also becomes muscle memory and second nature. Last but not least I would say strength and conditioning because it vital to be prepared for the game mentally and actively, but being in the best physical shape to endure 60 minutes of a game is a key. The harder you work in the weight room and in runs sets up players to be able to still play at top form in the fourth quarter. The thing that they all have in common are these are the things that many great players harp on because it allowed them to surpass being a good player to being one of the greatest
What do you worry about, and why?
• For myself the things I worry about are becoming the best I can be on and off the field. I feel that character the greatest thing we have because having great character translates more than to the field but in life; doing things the right way, making sure I’m holding myself accountable and much more. I feel as though the story of a person character lives longer than the natural human life. I also worry about being able to put my family position because I don’t come from a fortune situation so when it’s all said and done I want to be able to shoulder a heavier load for them.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• from my past school and my school now, many would say my energy is my best quality as teammates and as a person. Everyday I try to bring positive and high energy to just about everything I do because that’s who I am . I think to be able to play ball you have to have a curtain type of high energy or moxy to you.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• It hard to just choose one but the top three that I played against Jake Sullivan (S.Dakota school of mines), Brody Oliver(Colorado School of Mines) and Austin Eckeler (Western Colorado)
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• if I couldn’t play football my career work still be along the lines of being in the athletic field being involved with sports marketing. In high school being in the business academy I began to start to like sales and marketing because that was the department I dealt with and won a state championship.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my desk then the room then last the car. I would start from the small things first because those are the main things that started the trickle effect of things not being right.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• this situation is hard but in all honest I would have to save my one family member. In most situations I’m able to save them because I’m probably with them at the Time. But family means the world to me because in many cases they been all I had and will have
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would have to go with the Anime character Naruto . His is a powerful character that thrives off of being the underdog because he always seems to keep faith in himself to continue to persevere through any situation
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• one of my biggest moments where I face adversity was transferring to a new school in the matter of having to adjust to a new situation coming from somewhere where I was well adjusted.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• the most embarrassing moment I lived through so far has been the time that I slipped in front of everybody in high school. My sweat were soaked
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• the most memorable play of my college career has been my first sack ,which became a sack fumble, against Black Hills State. It was my very first blitz I’ve ran since get in college. At this time I was a sophomore. All pre-snap all I could think of be a missile , and I was able to time it perfectly.
What song best describes your work ethic?
•Future- last breath
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The most important trait i have is being persistent and never giving up on myself .
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• if I could bring one person back from dead it would be my late teammate Abe Reinhart . I miss the moments we had on and off the field he was truly a funny person and great soul.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Kennan Allen because he is honestly a top 5 receiver or deserves to be in he talks because even looking at film and stats on him, and they are undeniable. He a player you truly have to scheme for him. Or I would say Xavier Rhodes
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I’d rather be respected 100%. Respect goes along way further than being liked. It hard to explain but respect is the ora a person gives off to where the have a curtain type of energy that is quickly understood. also a respected person
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Aaron Hernandez because he could became the one of or considered as one of the best TE’s to play the game.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose . It always leaves bad feelings in gut. But it does add more fuel to the fire to keep away from that feeling.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mom and family are my biggest influence. They’ve worked so hard and made many sacrifices for me to get everything I need from just every day life but for sport and school to because they’ve always been there for me. I just give them something in return along with me getting my degree.