- Name: Keenan Franz
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 190
- Position: Wr
- College: Stevenson University
- Twitter: @the_franz1
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I grew up in Bloomington Indiana, home to Indiana University. The town is like a big family, everybody knows everybody. and our favorite son is the basketball team. What I love most about Bloomington is the small town vibes, and the secluded scenery only the locals know about.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study is the most important because, in order to correct mistakes and perfect your own craft, you must spend time watching yourself from all angles. Learning how specific techniques can beat; different coverages, and different individual defender tendencies.
Second most important is strength and conditioning. I ranked this above practice for one simple reason, if you’re not in the physical condition to be the best, you can’t practice like the best.
Third most important is practice. Practice takes a back seat to film study and strength/conditioning ONLY because you can not practice effectively and efficiently without 1.) knowing exactly what you need work on and 2.) being in the correct physical shape to practice like a champion.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about people who are starving and those have never been introduced to Jesus. These are the things I worry about because I believe God and food are the essentials of life.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My junior year sectional championship we were playing our crosstown rivals. Late in the fourth quarter, we were down 21-24, with the ball on their 45. It was 4th down and 22yds to go, everyone in the stadium knew where the ball was going. I ran a simple go route to ensure we get all 22 yards, my QB led me to the inside of the field. I rose up with a corner for the ball, we both caught the ball, I held the fat part and he had both the ends. But by the time our feet hit the ground the ball was laying on the ground.
I reacted by looking at the picture of that play so many times in the next 24 hours, the cover of the paper, posted on Twitter, Instagram, it was everywhere. So instead of running away from it, I thought to myself if I could put together this All-State season as a junior. . . what would I be capable of if I actually applied myself? How good could I be if I thought about this failure every single day? So I made the picture of my greatest failure my background on my phone, I looked at it every single day, and every single day I would go and apply the pressure to myself. No workout was good enough, I’m doing one more.
I’d say it paid off, the following year as a senior I won the award given to the best receiver in the state (Mr. Football, position award) I was 1st Team All-State again, and improved from 4-7 as a junior to 11-2 as a senior.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Football IQ/ work ethic
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• My freshman year we played Noah Spence and Eastern Kentucky before he got drafted by the Buccaneers in the second round of the 2016 draft.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Football Coach.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• 1st. I have to keep my room/living space clean because it’s what you see the most.
2nd. My desk has to stay organized so I can find everything ASAP
3rd. I don’t spend a lot of time in the car and when I do I’m focused on the road.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save the three strangers because I believe that’s what Jesus would do.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Denzel Washington in the Book of Eli
There is no more noble cause than that of Denzel in this movie. The way he sacrificed to guard that book, makes me inspired to say that given the circumstances I would have had the same mission
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My freshman year I attended Valparaiso University, I was given an incredible opportunity to start as a true freshman for 7 games. After finishing the season with only 2 wins, I believed I deserved more, I wanted to play for a bigger university. When in reality I needed to be humbled. I made a terrible mistake and decided that I wanted to play for a bigger university, I left Valpo after the spring term. I ended up transferring to Stevenson University where I tore the labrum in my hip on day 3 of fall camp. For the next three years, God was molding me into the man I was meant to be. I believe everything happens for a reason, whether I like it or not, I would have never become the man I am today without those adverse years.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• in second grade I lost my cool on the playground and got into a fight with one of my best friends at the time. It was embarrassing because my big brother and parents obviously heard all about it. I later walked into the principal’s office and apologized for what I had done.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My first college reception, it changed my mindset from being wide-eyed about how old my opponents were, to recognize that even at 18 I could play with those old heads no problem.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Can’t Be Touched by Roy Jones Junior
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Consistency, because as I’ve heard from countless pros, the NFL is a bottom line business.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandfather because I feel like bringing back an idol, or a genius or any kind of famous stranger would be entertaining but there’s no connection, and how would they feel about you disturbing their peace.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Move
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Jillian Edelman
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected because that means I’m doing things the right way. While being liked could be a product of corruption.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Sean Taylor because, not just his career was ended, but his life was ended. He was killed because of his generosity.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My father probably doesn’t know how much his accomplishments mean to me, but he won a national championship with Bob Knight at Indiana University, also played with many greats – Isaiah Thomas for one. The influence being twofold. One, his ability to remain humble showed me that extraordinary feats were not only attainable but also commonplace in our family. Two, he and I share a last name we share the same blood, we share so many things about each other that it always gave me the confidence that I could achieve the highest level of greatness, no matter what anyone else said, because they doubted him as well.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Transactions for August 20, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/7nPzxGIBi4
about 21 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Ronda Rousey Almost Lost Her Finger on the Set of FOX’s “9-1-1” ift.tt/2KTqQaA
about 41 mins ago via IFTTT
- UGA coaches beat the players in a race with help from Matthew Boling nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/matthe… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/kp1cjGWnyf
about 48 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Another college football player exonerated on rape charges nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/kishaw… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/gjWevKNo5U
about 58 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- ICYMI:Diamond Talk: Alex Pechin, P, Bucknell University | You can call him Golden Leg nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/alex-p… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 58 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro